Chapter 5: The Twins

As I followed the twins through Hogwarts, I couldn't believe what was about to happen. I, Willow Branson, was about to go with the Weasley twins, Fred and George, to... well, I had no idea where we were going, but I honestly didn't care. Sometimes, the company is more important than the destination.

"Where to this time, Fred?" George asked. Somehow, I was starting to be able to tell them apart.

"I think she'd like to take a peek inside the shrieking shack," Fred replied with a grin.

"No, I don't think I would," I interjected. 

"And we could get some butterbeer along the way," George added. 

"Butterbeer, I can handle." The shrieking shack was still out of the question, though.

"See, Fred, I think she's coming around."

"And where do you two think you're going?" a familiar voice asked. "Well, I guess I should say three," Oliver said after looking at me. He wasn't smiling like he usually was.

"We're going to show her some of the more less-traveled areas of Hogwarts," Fred told him. "And get her something to calm her first-day jitters. Maybe you'd like to join us?"

George laughed. "Like that's ever going to happen."

"And why not? I could go as easily as you," Oliver replied matter-of-factly.

The twins laughed. "Who are you talking about, Wood?" George asked.

"Because we know you're not talking about yourself," Fred added. "We're not sneaking off to play Quidditch."

"I figured as much," Oliver replied. "And, now, you're wanting to get Willow into trouble, too. She can't get kicked off the team, but you two can, so I'd suggest you go back to class."

The twins crossed their arms and smiled. "You know you want to go with us."

"Yeah, live a little."

"And I'm sure Willow wants you to go, right Willow?" they asked in unison.

"Um, sure, I guess, if he wants to," I said nonchalantly, but on the inside I was screaming, "Go, go, go!"

He took a deep breath, flexing his jaw as he looked at the twins, then at me. "Alright, let's go."

The twins cheered as we continued to walk down a set of stairs, but Oliver quickly made them hush. "Sorry, this is just a rare moment," Fred said. 

"Yeah, since when does Oliver Wood do something fun, aside from Quidditch, that involves breaking the rules?" George asked. 

"Since today!" Fred cheered again.

"If you two don't pipe down we'll all get into trouble and the whole match will be canceled." He stopped walking. "We'll be back before practice, right?"

"Sure, we'll be back in plenty of time," Fred said, but the way he smiled made me doubt his words.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he said as he continued to walk with us.

"Trust me, I can't either." When I glanced over at him, we both smiled. 

I don't know if it was because we were about to break the rules, being sneaky, or the fact that we were doing it together, but my heart began to race... and I liked it.

"I don't know who you are, Willow Branson, but I have a feeling we're going to," George said.

Fred seemed to agree. "Yeah, if you can get Wood to think about something besides quaffles and bludgers, you must be one powerful witch."