Chapter 4

The scent remains

Kuza's POV

It's been 3 months. no contact outside of the facility. i absolutely hate this. the feeling of withdrawal. I've felt like i was going insane at times. But every time i feel like getting high and leaving i look at the picture of Jay i have in my room and it gives me a reason to stay and get better.

I've come across a band called We butter the bread with butter. Even though most their music is in German it still is really good music. And actually I'm learning German to keep my mind off of things.

My councilor tells me that I'm really close to being a full time recovery. Which kinda frightens me, dont get me wrong when i tell you that because I'm really proud of myself... its just that I'm scared that once im out of this place that the old me and my old drug use habits will come back stronger than ever and there will be no recovery.

I tell Mr.Smith this every session and his response is "my treatment has never failed you wont be going to your old habits if you stick with our plan. Michael, i know you've talked about your 'friend' Jayden and how she's the reason you decided to seek help, she should also be your reason to keep sober from drug and alcohol abuse." He's right. Just stay positive Kuza, stay positive.

1 month later {total of 5 months treatment}

Kuza POV-

"Go luck, Michael. Here's my number call if you ever need anything." Mr. Smith said as he lead me out the door towards Kyle's car.

"Will do, Doc." i said and got into the passenger seat.

"did you bring my piercings?" i asked Kyle.

In the facility they wouldn't let anyone keep in any jewelry no matter what, it could be used as a weapon either towards other patients or yourself. So when I was getting checked in i gave all my stuff to Kyle.

"Yes i do here" he said and gave me a plastic Baggie containing my possessions.

As i put them in i looked at myself in the mirror.. i didnt like what i saw. i mean i love my piercings but the memories that came with the pieces I'm putting back in i dont like. i took them all out.

"Whats wrong?" Kyle asked.

"I'm going to buy new ones. Can you take me to the shop, please." i asked him

"Yeah of course." he said and turned right instead of left.

We got to my favorite piercing shop.

"KUZA! its been forever where ya been?" Crystal one of the workers there greeted me.

"Just need to sort some things out." i told her

"And your piercings?!" she exclaimed

"Yeah ima need some new ones." I told her

"Okay. what color/colors?" she asked

"I was thinking white." i said.

she nodded her head.

"Oh and blue plugs though." i told her

"Okay her you go. try them on though." she said and handed me all the Jewelry i needed in white plus blue plugs.

"Perfect." i said and paid for my things then left with Kyle.

"You didn't tell anyone did you?" i asked him when we got back to my house.

He got quiet.

"Umm i may have to Jay. but before you go all psycho listen." i nodded my head for him to proceed to tell me.