22

Your pov
I sighed, for it was finally the last day of vidcon. Although you still talked to everyone every day, it was different actually seeing them.
You had all your shit packed and stood on the balcony, it would have been aesthetic to be smoking while you were standing there but you valued living past 40 more than that tumblr shit.
As you stood there, admiring the scenery. You heard the back door open, Alex walked onto the balcony as well and stood next to you.
There was a comfortable silence until he spoke up to ask
"are you dating anyone"
You laughed as if he asked a dumb question.
"no, why'd you ask", she pondered.
He looked shocked at your answer
"oh, I thought you and kwite were....", he trailed off with his sentence.
"ew no", you laughed "we dated when we were 14 and it didn't work out"
"wow why haven't any of us heard this story", he joked.
You mentally cringed, "it was some 'rawr means I love u in dinosaur ' type emo Facebook shit"
"But I wanted to ask you something, for the sake of moving along this garbage fanfiction", he started.
You ignore the last part of his sentence, more interested in the question.
"i was reluctant about asking this, but I feel like it's not the type of thing to ask over the phone and we probably won't see each other again until next year and who knows what will happen by last year",he chuckled, looking at the sky.
"You're rambling",you gently reminded
"And after Jessica left I kinda realized that the perfect person for me was in front of my face all along",he continued, still dancing around the actual question.
"And you probably don't feel the same way and that's fine-"
You cut him off,"broski just ask the question"

"Will you go out with me?"