20 seconds

'No.' I mick, a snigger escaping my lips, I want to say this bit aloud to let you that I am definitely no Angel anymore.

In fact I'm wanting to brag a little in the sense that I can talk yet you no longer can.

19 seconds

'I'm no Angel. Well not anymore that is.'

W-what are you then?

'Oh, Eli. You know— a clever girl like yourself surely has caught on that no Guardian Angel would put someone through that much pain and torment because it was God's plan. In fact, my love, I am indeed a Demon.'

18 seconds

You splatter and flail around a fraction, grimacing a little at the word.

I smirk.

You stare.

17 seconds

I slowly pace around you, lightly stroking your wet hair, brushing the strands through my fingers. I reach forward and turn off the shower, the down pour of warm water seeping through my arm, dripping down as I place it back down by my side.

I start humming that lullaby that was oh so familiar to you when you were an infant.

16 seconds

'I once knew a man, he was long and fall, he moved his body like a cannon ball.' I stepped; I stopped, I paused.

I smiled. Sincere. I don't think so though. I doubt you believed the mockery covering it. You wouldn't believed it after what I made you do. Because of course it was I that made you commit this last sin.

'Remember one night, in drizzling rain, hand 'round my heart I felt an aching pain. One of these days— it won't be long, I'll call your name and you'll be gone.'

15 seconds

You stiffen and let out a shaky reach for air. You're struggling now.

Where is that from?

Your thoughts are slowly getting quieter and you're getting weaker.

You're slowly failing, flailing, falling.

It's almost time.

But I shrug.

14 seconds

'I don't know.' I roll my eyes. 'We heard it in purgatory centuries ago, one of the recent fallen angels at the time was bringing a Peodo priest, who used to scream it, into perdition to go through the purification. The irony that the dude committed his entire life to try please the all Father when in fact if course he's going straight to Hell where Luci can have a little fun with him, my creators used to hum it to myself and the others.'

I glimpse down at you and you frown.

I know what you're thinking.

'Luci. Sorry Lucifer, you'd know him at Satan. He's actually a pretty chill guy, just obviously miss understand. Not his fault he loved God more than his pesky, annoying—' I pause for a fraction of a moment then give in, 'cute creations.
I think you're the only one I can actually tolerate.
But hey don't worry, Hell won't be as bad as this.
I'll keep you safe this time, I promise.'

13 seconds

Time seems to slowly down ever so slightly now but this time I drop, my hold relaxes and there's this light in your eye, you finally seem at peace, maybe you understand, I don't know. I can't hear you anymore.

'But know I wanted to save you so bad Eliane. But not his this life. You can come down, stay with me. You can see your family again. It's not like what they say it is, it's just a fear factor to try make people behave so God will have more followers than Lucifer. He rebelled for goodness sake, do you really think Luci would listen to his Father and live in a place of torture and punishment and pain his entire life, no, like I've said, you lived your hell, your test up here. It'll be okay now.
This is all I ever wanted for you, Eli.'

12 seconds

I kneel beside you, opening the bathroom door wider  by just looking at it. There in the hallway cabinet sits a family picture, a happy one, of you all.

I glance back at you, cupping your cheek, you push into my palm with as much strength as you can bare, the dark red liquid seeping down my dark trench-coat.

'They'll be there. You'll see them. You, them and I.
You're tired, I know, but it's okay, they'll understand, everyone will. No more pain, it's okay. I've got you.'

My voice softens. I mean it this time.

So maybe His creations aren't too bad. This one turned out alright. Just not necessarily this time, in this universe, in this life.

11 seconds

I stare into your eyes, you fixate upon me, not pulling away from my handhold.

I slowly close my eyes, stroking your cheek.

'It'll be okay. This time, I promise.' I whisper. 'Just let go.'

I slowly mouth as I crawl my eyes open and gently place a small kiss onto your dull weak lips.

Time to let go Eliane Sawyer, you haven't lost.

You're getting your win.