chapter 2: introductions..?

You jolt at the sound of a young boy's voice crying out and spun around so hard you nearly fell over.

To your surprise, instead of a casually dressed trainer, it was... a pale skinned young boy.. messy strawberry blond hair sticking out every which way.. he wasn't that far from you so you saw the 5 red Bobby pins holding it back, 2 on one side 3 on the other.

He wore a plain top with red piping around the collar, orange and red plaid three-quarter pants along with black knee-high boots. Around his waist was a brown bag of sorts with red scissors. And to top off his appearance, he wears a straw hat around his neck. Thought it hung around his neck rather than on his head. Must be the owner of this garden...

He stared up at you with wide, curious turquoise eyes. "Wha-what.. what are you..?" He asked taking a step closer.

Nothing about this boy was sinister... he was a young teen, a very common sight, but you couldn't help but step back.

Uh... "ba.." you uttered nervously. His eyes suddenly start to twinkle in an adorable puppy-eyed stare. "You... you're a pokemon...? Aren't you?" He asked, almost in awe and disbelief.

Well... yeah...? "Beweaaar..?" you replied, a bit confused on this kind of question. didn't he know a pokemon when he saw one?

An adorable smile burst across his face as he gasped at the realization. "Wow! I've never seen a pokemon like you before! We never get that many pokemon around here!" You tip your head to the side, honestly surprised by this. Never, huh? "Beweer?" you quiered, with a tip of your head. He looked to be 16 or 17 years old. It's rare for one not to have a pokemon for so long. Shouldn't he have gotten at least one by now?

He suddenly stuck his gloved hand out toward you, which caught you off guard. "I-I'm not gonna hurt ya..." he whispered. "I.. I just... want to.." you stared at his small outstretched hand and tipped your head. Looks harmless enough. You step forward and let his hand touch your belly. His face lit up as his smile widened. "You're a friendly one, aren't you?" He giggled rubbing it, as you nodded cheerfully. I guess so! "Bewear!" You chirped. You actually enjoyed this boy's presence. Perhaps this is why some pokemon prefer to hang out with humans?

That was when you felt a small shift in your tum, prompting you to instinctively look down at the swell in your belly. You decide now to wake up..? You looked back up at the boy, and by the looks of his wide eyes and awestruck expression, he felt it to. "You... you're gonna be a mum to, aren't you..?" He almost whispered, eyes shining brighter than stars. You slowly nodded, your eyes quivering. He looked at you for the longest time, sympathy suddenly shining in his eyes. Does... he suspect that I- But before any other words can be said, but that was when a smooth voice broke the silence.

"Finny! why isn't the weeding done?"

You jumped back, yelping in surprise. Finny spun around, eyes wide in terror. "O-Oh no! It's Sebastian!" Finny exclaimed, quite fearfully. You tipped your head to the side. Who's sebastian..? He turned around looking up at you in fear. "O-Oh..! I don't think he'd like to have you here without permission...!" He did a nervous shuffle in place before he gasps at an idea. He suddenly takes holds your arm, looking at you with a surprisingly desperate/worried look etched into his face. "Quick! Follow me!" He whispered.

Before you could even think about obeying him, he suddenly pulling you, with an obscene amount of ease that nearly made you lose balance. Although you were confused and unnerved now, you still opted followed him, seeing you had no other option, lest you wanted to be caught. Besides, he genuinely looked like he wanted to help.

He lead you up to a large greenhouse and throws open the double doors, frantically motioning you in. "Hide here!" At once you tottered in, and was greeted with the sight of large pots full of various roses and a thick fragrance in the humid air. As you look back at him, questionably, quite uneased with his next move, Finny took this as a question and gently placed his hand on your tum. "Don't worry... I'll be right back! Just sit tight and try not to make a sound." Finny whispered. With that, he quickly shuts the door, leaving you both alone.

You walk towards the back and huddle up, listening to the thudding of him running away from the greenhouse while calling out, "S-Sorry, sebastian! I'll be right there!"

You huff to yourself and decided to take a moment to sniff the flowers in the greenhouse.

Can't say this is too good... but it isn't too bad either!