chapter 1: into the garden..

Next day, you yawn rather loudly and sit up rubbing your eyes. (Mate)? "Beweaaaa?" You called tiredly, looking around your den.

Normally, you'd wake up to (mate name) nudging you awake, but for some reason he wasn't there. You scanned the empty den. This isn't like him... he'd usually give you a heads up before scouting for berries...

In fact...

That wasn't all.. his scent was also absent. Not even the faintest whiff of (scent) was in the still air.

What...? You glance outside for a moment in a slightly unnerved confusion, which was promptly intensified when you were greeted with the sight of a lush green woods filled with evergreens and oaks in place of palm trees you were used to. In fact, the ground itself wasn't warm, and had a cool dampness in it, unlike the warm, dry sandy beach. Even the air was different; it was much cooler, and didn't have a hot humidity in it like it normally did. There was even the unfamiliar tang of pine in it. What the..?!

Where the heck were you??

After a moment of thought about your situation, the events of yesterday came crashing over you.

You remembered.

You were suddenly taken from your hot hawaiian home for some sadistic humans to use you.

But, you were able to escape unscathed, thanks to...

A dull pain pierced your chest as your heart broke all over again, as you remembered the final pieces to this twisted puzzle.

(Mate)...

He was the one who broke you from your binds. He was the one who created a big enough distraction to the offenders that tried to catch you again.

He.... he was the one who sacrificed himself for the sake of you and your cub.

...speaking of which...

You look down to the barely visible swell on your belly and placed a paw on it. It then you felt the weight in your chest increase, as another dreadful realization slowly dawned over you.

This cub was now fatherless.

And with no one to help you with raising your child... what will you do?

How will you cope?

You then shake your head, releasing a snort of ambition.

There's no point in moping now... You're going to survive as best you can. No matter the hardships, your mate didn't die for no damn reason. You will live in his honor, and adapt. You would raise the cub for him. No matter what, you couldn't give up easily.

With those thoughts in mind, you crawled determinedly out of your makeshift den and stumbled out, slightly unbalanced from the weight in your belly. First order of business... if I'm gonna survive, I'm gonna have to get a better bearing of my surroundings...

With a quick stretch of your limbs, you started to explore your new woodland habitat, trying to get used to the less warm weather and moist dirt under your feet.

It was odd to feel and hear so many twigs and branches crunch beneath your feet, and even more strange to have such a cool mist dampen your fur. You were actually kind of interested in this new landscape. Can't deny that it's strange to not smell or hear the ocean nearby... "bewa..." You mutter to yourself, feeling a pang of homesickness sear your chest. But you also had to admit, it's a nice change.

You suddenly come up to a clearing. You tipped your head to the side slightly. This looks interesting... you totter to the edge and peer out, and you were astonished by the sight. A big Green hedge? You walk to it and shove your massive paws into the green, and peek in. and what you saw floored you. It looks like some type of garden! You sniffed the air and shuffled through the hedge and your eyes twinkle at the elegant garden, full of finely cut hedges and beautiful white roses. It nearly outmatched that massive resort at your home region! Whoa! "Bewa!" You walked along, the cool, soft grass, which felt lovely against your feet.

It's almost better than the hot, dry dirt and sand you normally treaded on. You stopped and sniffed at the roses, you sigh in ecstasy, as you've never smelled a rose before! So fragrant! You sniff around a bit more and ogle at the greenery around you. This is so cool! so many roses! it's almost better than-

"Waah!"

[On Hold!] Finny x Mother bewear reader (pokemon/black Butler crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara