Chapter 10

After running miles through the scorching desert non stop, the adventure kids finally made it back to the Pridelands. 

They were shocked as they looked around the darkened land. It was worse than how Nala and Jacob described it to them. 

"This is what can happen when we forget just how important the Circle of Life is to us all" The kids heard Mufasa's voice echoing in their heads remembering he told them that, as they could clearly see the Pridelands had become a wasteland. 

"Oh my gosh..." Cynthia whispered while looking around.

"Hey, there's Simba!" Brock pointed out, seeing the adult male lion up ahead. 

The kids rushed up over to Simba, just as Nala and Leo also arrived on the scene. 

"Hey, Simba!" The kids called, coming over to him.

"Simba, wait up!" Nala also called, coming up to her friend since cubhood. 

Everyone looked out into the decaying land. 

"My goodness..." Leo gasped. 

"It's awful, isn't it?" Nala frowned. 

"I didn't want to believe you" Simba said to his best friend, who was becoming more than just a friend now. 

"Simba I don't understand. I thought what you said last night meant something..." Nala told her cubhood friend, referring to their argument last night. 

"Of course it did," Simba told her, looking to the female lion and saying. "I love you" 

The girls all went 'awww' over the lions' love, while David and Brock just went 'blah' since they were boys. 

"Then what happened?" Nala asked Simba. 

"I finally realized I have to face who I am..." Simba explained. "If I don't, there's no future for us" 

The kids all thought quietly for a moment, knowing Simba was right. 

"I know you're right, Simba. And it's what I wanted" Nala replied. "But... Simba I just don't want to lose you" 

The two lions nuzzled each other while the kids and Leo watched. 

Simba then sighed, looking back out into the dead Pridelands. "My father once told me to protect everything the light touches. If I don't fight for it, who will?" 

"I will" Nala said, coming up to his side. 

"So will we!" The adventure kids all said with determined faces, coming up next to the true lion king. 

"We're all behind you, Simba" Jacob told him.  

Just then, the gang heard panting and turned around to see two familiar faces coming up. 

"Okay, everyone, calm down. We're here" Timon and Pumbaa said as they appeared. "The backup has arrived!"

"Timon! Pumbaa!" The younger adventure kids smiled upon seeing them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jacob asked the meerkat and warthog. 

"At your service, my liege" Pumbaa bowed before Simba like a servant.  

"Uh... We're going to fight your uncle for this?" Timon asked, seeing how bad the Pridelands looked.  

"Yes, Timon" Simba replied. "This is my home" 

"Well Simba, if it's important to you we're with you to the end" Timon said to his lion friend. 

"Until the Pridelands end!" Ann added.