Imagine 11 - 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘥𝘢𝘺

Author: buckybarnesadicted
Who: Jake Gyllenhaal
Category: Fluff
Source: Tumblr
Word count: 751
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'So what did you plan for today ' your friend asked as you two were leaving your workplace.

'Uhmm...nothing special I guess.' You shrugged your shoulders.
'But it's Valentines Day.' You didn't bother to carry on this conversation. Staring into the snow on the pavement as you walked through the city, you tried to not show any interest in talking about this.
'Y/N...you are spending this day with Jake, aren't you?'
'Actually..no. Jake was supposed to be back home yesterday, but it turned out he can't make it. But don't worry about me, I know it's not his fault, I really understand it.'
Your friend looked at you with compassion and decided not to get into this.
You walked through the snowy streets of New York. It looked magical, but you wished Jake could be here with you. As you were walking, suddenly a car pulled up right next to you. You were so caught up in your thoughts that you didn't notice anything until you heard your friend.
'Y/N, I think you'll have a slight change of plans.'
You looked up and immediately recognized the man sitting in that car was your boyfriend Jake.
'Maybe I could give you a ride? ' He said through the opened window. You stood there, shocked. What was he doing here? But you couldn't hide the huge smile that showed on your face.
'I'll leave you two alone.' Your friend said giggling as she saw your expression.
'Wh...what are you doing here? I...I thought...' Jake got out of the car. As he did so, you ran to hug him as tightly as you could.
'I've missed you so much.' he whispered 'I actually came here a bit earlier today, but I had some....errands to do.'
'Jake, all I need right now is just to be with you.'
'Come on, I have got some plans for us.' He opened the door for you to get into the car.
Apparently, you were going to a fancy restaurant, but first, he decided to take you to your apartment, cause you'd probably want to freshen up a bit.
You took your keys out to open the door when Jake stopped you.
'Y/N...wait. I'll do it, and you need to close your eyes.'
'Jake, what's going on..'
'Shhh, trust me.'
You did as he said. You heard him unlock the door. 'No peeking.'
'OK, ok.' you said giggling.
He took your hand, and you both walked through the door'
'You can open them now.'
You opened your eyes and you'd nearly didn't recognize your small apartment.
There were fairy lights and candles everywhere. EVERYWHERE. White and red. They were just lights but they made a huge difference to your boring apartment. Next thing you noticed were red roses. Bouquets of them placed all around your place. And music. Your favorite slow song playing in the background. On your table were two bottles of wine and a few small red bags, you assumed they were some gifts.
'Jake..this is beautiful, you didn't have to...' You turned around to kiss your boyfriend but what you saw, made you froze.
Your boyfriend, Jake, was on his knees, holding a ring in his palms.
'Oh, my...Jake, wha..'
'Y/N, we have known each other for a long time now. I know maybe, I am not always the best and the perfect boyfriend, but I also know even though our relationship is...crazy sometimes, you still love me, and care for me. I want to show you how much and what I feel. I want to care for you, I want you to know that I will be there, always. So Y/F/N will you marry me ?'
'Jake, of course, I will.'  You whispered through your tears of joy. He put the ring on your finger and you threw your arms around his neck, falling into a kiss.'
'I am so happy Y/N' Jake whispered, his hand around your neck foreheads touching as you two were slightly swaying to the music.'this is something I am the surest about, you...you make me the happiest person and I want the same for you. I'll try my best to make you happy.'
'I already am.'  Your face buried in his neck. Both of you kept on dancing. This moment. This exact moment you knew, you were the happiest person on earth.