Chapter 13: Running and Swimming Pools

My eyes flutter open only to see nothing. I'm still blindfolded and my hands are tied behind my back, except now I'm sitting on a chair. I try to move but it's no use.

"You're finally awake" I can hear William say from behind me. Suddenly the blindfold is removed. I look around and everything is all too familiar to not recognize it. We're in his mom's house, but to be more specific his old room. William walks around until he's in front of my eye sight. My eyes widen as everything finally sinks in. This dude just kidnapped me.  He's completely lost it. William reaches forward and rips off the duct tape from my mouth.

"What are you doing?"

"Don't you see? I'm proving we were made to last"

He had a crazy look in his eyes and for the first time I'm truly terrified of him. But I don't let him see the truth.

"We're over and it was your fault!" I yell in his face.

"No! You're the one who left!" He yells back.

"I left because you hurt me William..." I pretend to cry, but it doesn't take much because part of the tears are real. The love I had for him was real. His betrayal hurt more than words can describe.

William kneels in front of me, never breaking eye contact. "But I love you"

The way he throws the word around so carelessly only angers me even more. And suddenly I forget all about trying to make him feel bad or even understanding why I left. I forget about how I'm suppose to be sad, because right now all I see is the way he looked at Layla.

"You don't cheat on the people you love." I say in an angry tone. "You don't make the people you love feel worthless or like they're not good enough, but most of all you don't treat them like an object you're trying to keep possession of."

He hits me across the face and I can feel that side throbbing already.

"Of course I love you and you loved me too until-"

I look up to see his eyes directed towards my small baby bump.

"You loved me until that thing started to grow inside of you" He says with pure disgust.

William moves closer towards me and I kick him back. He wipes the blood from the cut I made on his lip without breaking eye contact. The crazy look in his eyes scares me even more.

"I'll be back" is all he says before he walks out of the room.

I look around to see if there is anything I could reach. Suddenly I spot a beer bottle a few feet away from me. Although it's probably not a good idea, I tip myself over so that I land closer towards the bottle. With my back facing the bottle, I try to move my hands to see if I can reach it.

When I feel the glass I slam it against the floor, making it break into shards. The part of the bottle I was holding remains in tact except it now has a sharp end. Carefully I use it to cut the rope around my hands. My hand slips and I can feel a fresh cut on my palm, but I bite my lip to stop myself from yelling out in pain. I continue to move the sharp end back and forth against the rope until my hands are free.

The rope burns are excruciatingly painful when I try to move my wrists, but I move on. I get up and slowly peek my head out of into the hallway to make sure it's safe. With no sign of William I walk out of the room.

I've been to this house a few times but I never actually explored it. It seems like a maze of rooms and hallways. I begin to walk into rooms to see if I could find anything. I walk into a room which seems to be an office. As my eyes scan the room, I spot a phone.