Chapter 1: New Beginnings and Old Memories

Life is a small word but contains so much. In time you face many obstacles and must make many decisions that affect your future. Sometimes we make the right choice, sometimes we don't and that's okay too.

When we come up to an option between two choices there will always be what ifs because we're always going to wonder what our life would've been like if having chosen the other option. I've learned that although I've done stuff I regret, I've always done many things that I'm proud of.

Life is crazy and uncontrollable at times. In all honesty, we never have complete and utter control of our lives, but we control how we react to the unpredictable things. Throughout my life, I've finally learned how to stop giving up and saying I have no control and how to start saying no and standing up for what I want.

Your biggest enemy is yourself. Sometimes our self doubts stop us from reaching for our biggest dreams, I know I almost did. But here I am in L.A. working as the photographer for one of the biggest magazines in the city. It wasn't easy getting to where I am now, trust me, but even though I almost stopped myself from achieving all of this, I kept pushing forward.

"LARK YOUR PHONE!"

Throwing my journal to the side I quickly run from my room all the way into the kitchen. It's like a race against time as I look through my bag for my phone. Once in my hand, I answer the call without any hesitation.

"Dean!" I yell through the phone. "How are you?!"

"Hi Lark" he responds calmly. I guess I just can't contain my excitement. I've been waiting for him to call me.

Dean and I finally have that brother and sister relationship. It took a while, but it was something we both wanted and we refused to give up until we achieved it.

"SO?!" I ask again, unable to keep my voice down.

I can hear Dean sigh through the phone. "You can come to the hospital-"

I didn't even give Dean the chance to finish his sentence before I hung up the call and ran back into the room. I grab the first pair of shoes I can find and throw on a light jacket.

"What's going on?" I hear someone say behind me. I turn to see William leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed against this chest. He has a skeptical look on his face as he watches me frantically move around the room trying to get ready as fast as possible.

"Vivian's having the baby!"

His eyes widen in shock and he goes to grab his shoes as well. It doesn't take us long before we're on the road towards the hospital.

I look out the window as we drive through the express. I turn to see William focused on the road. William and I have been together for the past five years and recently got engaged but no one really knows about that except for his family. We met my third year of college and have been together ever since. We've been through a lot together, from getting each other through school to watching each other build our careers. Around the same time my career took off, William finally got to produce his first movie.

Because of his success we sort of live our life in the spotlight...well he mostly does. William understands that I'm a more private person and the spotlight isn't my thing, so he tries his best to keep me out of it.

We bolt through the hospital- well I run through the hospital- trying to get to Vivian's room as soon as possible. When we reach the room, I see Dean holding the baby as Vivian stares at him.

After everything that's happened, Vivian and Dean finally got together and I'm happy to see them living their dream. They got married last year, but due to it being during fashion week I wasn't able to go and I still feel bad about it till this day. Vivian insists that it's no big deal to make me feel better because she knows there was no way for me to get out of the contract. But before I knew it they were announcing their pregnancy.