Hey now, you're an Allstar

It was midnight, but many were still awake.

People going to work or taking a walk or keeping a lookout. Mostly for ghosts that would enter the town and roam around. The different ghosts could be entertaining. So if you couldn't sleep, looking out your window for the snake serpent that thought the streets were its river was a good way to pass the time.

Unfortunately, things weren't always that peaceful. Usually, it was aggressive ghosts that would keep these people up. Not the ghostly pests that would pop up occasionally, they were usually quiet. It was the ones that were looking for a fight or to conquer something. The battles between ghosts and Danny Phantom were never silent...

Many people figured that if they couldn't sleep they might as well get a job. Others would work on hobbies well into the night. And it wasn't uncommon to see someone walking their dog at 3 am.

Amity Park didn't have the best sleep schedule.

Danny Fenton wasn't an exception. Usually, he'd stay up fighting said ghosts, not that he knew that now. This time he was up and trying to pass the time. He couldn't seem to fall asleep so he went through his stuff again.

It was when he was holding the medkit he'd found under the sink and another, dirtier one he saw under his bed (half under the floor, meaning past him had phased it through the bed in a hurry and not realized how far it had gone; also meaning he couldn't get it out.....yet), and the makeup supplies from the bathroom that it really went through him that all this was kept a secret from everyone.

All this that now seemed to dominate his life went on in private before the accident. Insane. Not even his parents had known.

He'd hidden his whole species from everyone.

Danny grabbed the folder he'd found in his drawer. It had the words "Ghost catalog" scribbled in green pen on the cover. Most pages were attached to wires from the folder but some were loose. He flipped through it for the fifth time since he'd found it.

Danny looked up at the two blob ghosts - he didn't know when the second came up, but it was suddenly there as if it had always been there - that were resting on his dresser.

They were classified in the folder as minor threats. An interesting way to describe a friend.

Something rustled downstairs and Danny's head shot up. Someone was awake and in their house. Danny went invisible and opened the door as quietly as he could. He hurried to the stairs, his feet not making a sound. However, he froze when one of the stairs creaked.

The sound stopped and the boy hurried the rest of the way to the kitchen, not minding the creaks of the floor anymore. He stopped in the entryway to the kitchen. There was his mother, hurriedly trying to dry her tears while sending the door panicked looks.

She was startled when Danny dropped his invisibility. He looked tense and worried. "Good morning?" He glanced at the clock.

She frowned at him through red eyes. "What are you doing awake?"

"I'm not tired." Danny entered the kitchen cautiously. "Are you ok?"

Another tear slipped from her eyes and she straightened hastily. "Of course I'm fine. Go back to bed, Danny."

"Mom."

She looked at him with defeat as he sat down next to her. He looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

She wiped the tear away and sighed shakily. Accepting that her son wouldn't leave but not giving anything away.

Danny waited a moment awkwardly, but nothing was said. He smacked his lips, not knowing what to do, and glanced at Blobby and Blobber. They rested around him, not sensing the tense atmosphere. They did sense his concern and touched his hand, calming him.