When life gives you lemons, its a sign. Be sour.

Danny held himself still with his legs as his dad turned a corner sharply. He turned to check that the screeching cars they'd left behind hadn't ended up in a crash. "As much as I love your driving." He turned to the man next to him. "I'd love it even more if you didn't cause a car accident."

"Don't you worry about a thing, Danno! I have it under control. I'll get you to school in a pickle and that photographic scum will not catch us."

"The paparazzi knows where I go to school," the boy mentioned drily, "but thanks for driving me."

"Here we are!"

The RV stopped with a screech and Danny took a moment to stare at the building. He took a breath and grabbed his backpack from between his legs.

"And if anyone bothers you, you just tell them. Your mother would tell you to pinch their arm hard but she's had to learn the hard way that people complain too much. Learn it from me, Danny, just be yourself and they will probably leave you alone. Teens your age only bother people who are like them. Fake friends, they are."

"Dad." Danny fidgeted with his backpack. "I don't know if I can do this actually."

Jack smiled at his son, leaning on the steering wheel. "Do what. There's nothing you have to do."

"I- I just wanted to go out and see what the town was like and what school is like and I don't wanna stay all the time at home and school's the only place they'll kick the paparazzi out, but there's all the kids and what if they expect me to be all this...heroic."

"Danny," he interrupted, "you don't have to do anything. They shouldn't expect you to do anything and there's nothing you have to prove. You're amazing, no matter what they say." He nudged the boy on the shoulder with a grin. "Just be yourself!"

Danny threw his hands up. "But I don't know who I am!"

"You don't have to know! You are you." He snorted. "Babies aren't handed a list of personalities when they are born. They just are." He clicked the door open for Danny. "Now go out there and don't let anyone tell you who you are."

Danny looked outside at the growing crowd of kids. He turned back to his grinning dad and hugged him. "Ok." He smiled and let go. "You'll pick me up right."

"Righto!" The man seemed even more enthusiastic now. "See you after school. Call if you need me to pick you up earlier. Have fun!"

Danny waved gently as his father backed up. The teens were giving the RV a wide range as he screeched away. The boy adjusted his backpack and speedwalked to school. He wanted to get there before he was mobbed.

Some students were already walking over to him and a few asked him why he was at school so early and how he was feeling.

Danny tried to answer a bit as he walked to the front doors. He paused in the entrance and looked at the few kids around him. "Wait. Can someone tell me where the principal's office is?"

Before he could even finish his question they were pushing and guiding him through a path he wouldn't remember later.

"Aren't you guys going to be late?"

"Yeah but I don't care," a guy waved his question away. "Well, we still have like ten minutes but it wouldn't be the first time I came in late. A lot can happen on your way to school. That's why I try to come earlier."

Danny didn't know how to respond to that. He let them stand outside as he knocked on the principal's door. He entered at their calling and stood in the doorway.

"Hey. I'm-"

"Mr. Fenton oh!" The woman seemed surprised even though Danny's parents had called. "You're early."