Chapter 3

The locked locket
       The more I rode, the faster I went and the more the wind picked up. The cold night air in my face made my cheeks red.
      When I got to the stables, I started to yell. "Grab a horse and fast, the Taliban is here!" Neal opens his mouth to say something and I cut him off. "Don't say anything just do it."
     Neal looked worried while he was getting his horse ready. I don't have time to worry about Neal, we have no more time, we have to go.When everyone was ready with their horse, we all took off.
     My heart started to descend into my stomach when I saw the border getting closer. Neal's eyes are burning in back of my head with his stare. I could tell he felt me get sad. Right when we passed the border I stopped and everyone else did behind me. I looked back and whispered "Please take that chance dad."
     As I started to turn around I spotted something moving toward us at lightning speed. I leaned in to see who it was, to see if it was my father, but I noticed the rag on the person's head. I knew who it was.
     "Run!" I screamed.
     "You can't out run me!" I hear Talia yell frustrated.
     The trees flew by us as we went down the road. I noticed that we are easy to spot on these roads. "Get into the trees!" I yell. Talia was falling behind and right when I looked forward,nthere was a whole line of horses in front of us. I stopped abruptly and noticed all the rest did too. We had been caught.
      "What is happening?" Crystal questioned what everyone was thinking.
      "Talia, where is my father?" I asked ignoring Crystal's question.
      "Well, well, well, like I didn't know your father put that note in your room. I had to do something to not get caught, right?" Talia made it clear my father was gone. "Now I have a whole new house in France too."
      "No you don't, that is my house and it will always be my house." I say sternly.
      "Really? Well I dont believe it. Talia said with pity. "Get them." She demanded.
      Her "henchmen" were tall and wide, they had big muscles. They all wore hats that covered there faces except there eyes. All the men had green flashy eyes.
     They walked up to us and started to reach for us. Our horses started to step back nervously. Angel made it clear she didn't like them, she started to nip. When they pulled out a cloth, Angel and all the horses went nuts and knocked all of them down. Angel opened up an opportunity to leave and we took it.
      Talia saw us leaving and yell. "Get them!" No one obeyed her they all stayed lying on the ground. "If you won't I will!"
       We kept going further and further. Talia was catching up fast. Neal started to fall back.
       "Neal, come on we have to go faster." I desperately said.
       "No I'll hold her off, you guys go, This was my idea to come see you Lily. Now go!" He said with a serious face.
       "No I'm not leaving without you!" I started to say with tears leaking out of my eyes.
       "Now Lily!" Neal made it clear he was not going any further.
       "This is not over Lily!" Talia screamed  in anger.
       I rode as low and as fast as my horse could go until I caught up to the others.
       "Where is Neal?" Jax asked.
       "He stayed behind to hold Talia off." I said crying harder.
       "What!" Maggie surprisingly says.
       "We need to find shelter for tonight." I said trying not to think about what will happen to Neal.
       "I know a place near the pine woods. It's been abandon for a long time. No one even knows it's there besides my  mother that passed a few years ago." Crystal suggested.
       "Yeah we will go there, lead the way Crystal." I said gloomy.
       Once we got there we all found a spot to lie down. I grabbed some blankets out of my bag and gave every one, one. Everyone fell asleep almost right away besides me. I just stared at the ceiling just wondering where to go and what is Neal doing right now.
       Is this what it feels like to lose everything? Am I really alone with no other family besides my mother that I don't even know where she is?
      "Lily? Are you ok?" I heard. "Lily?" I noticed it was Maggie. "I know how you feel, I lost my father a year ago and its was hard on my mother so she sent me to that boarding school. If that didn't happen I wouldn't have met you."
     "I'm fine. I'm just thinking how I'm by myself now and nothing can change that. Thanks anyway." I say without making eye contact.
     "No, youre not alone, you have us by your side." Maggie said with a smile.
     I smiled and pulled out the locket my mother gave me. "It was my mother's. No one can get it open tho. I think that's why she gave it to me. To try to open it."
     "Wow. Its beautiful. Is that real gold?" She asked as her eyes lit up.
     "Yeah it is." We both look at the locket and it started to glow. I felt my eyes get bigger. It flung open and something came out of it. It looked almost like a ball of fire that was blue. It split into six tiny pieces and each one flew into each of our chests. One was left over. It spun around and then stopped. It went up to the window and then flew off into the distance. We both looked up at each other.
       "We should go to bed." I say confused wondering if that was an illusion because I am tried.
       "Yeah." She agreed.