Chapter 3

I jumped out of bed and it looked like it was going to be a nice, hot summer day. "Maybe I should go swimming?" I thought. There's a swimming pool about 10 minutes away from here. I quickly had some breakfast then, I got changed into my black and white, zebra stipe, bikinis and I put a dress over the top. I packed a bag with a, towel, drink bottle, brush, etc.

I called a taxi and it took about 2 minutes for the taxi to arrive. I know I should've just walked but that’s all I've done since I have been here. And plus, today is my last day by myself, because my dad and sister come up tomorrow.

***

I leaped out of the taxi and walked along the path, that led towards the pool. Because it was incredibly warm, admission was €5. I handed the cashier the money and walked into the pool gates. Surprisingly, there wasn’t actually that much people there. I looked around for a little bit then I found a chair, I walked over to it. It was one of those long sun-baking chairs. I placed my bag at the end of it, layed my towel across the chair. I sat down, on it and then carefully layed my legs down, so the towel didn’t get all scrunched up. I put my sunglasses on my eyes and just relaxed.

The next minute, when I was perfectly happy to be relaxing someone picked me up. Then everyone started screaming: "3,2,1!" And then I splashed into the pool. "Ahhh!" I screamed. "It’s ok, there’s no sharks." A girl around my age said. "I didn’t think that there were sharks." I replied. "Then why did you scream?" She added. "Because I was relaxing perfectly fine of my little chair, and the next minute I got thrown into a pool!" I practically yelled. "Ohh…Well anyway, I'm Destiny, and this is Carla." She said and pointed to another girl that I didn’t even know was there.

"Well, I'm Greta." I stated.

"Cool! Nice to meet you!" Carla said in a pitched voice.

"Nice to meet you guys to…" I replied.

So after about 10 minutes of swimming, I realized that they weren't bitches or anything, they are just like me. Well not with the whole high school dropout to further career thingy, they are just really nice. "Do you live with your parents?" I asked. "Na, we live in apartments next door to each other, a few minutes away from here." Destiny answered. "Oh yeah cool." I replied. "What about you?" Carla added. "No I don’t either. I live in an apartment 10 minutes away. My family live in America." I said. "Wow! One day, when you go to visit them, we could come! We have always wanted to see America!" Destiny screeched. "Yeah of course!" I said, "That would be awesome!" I finally made some friends here, I am still getting used to them, but I am being a lot more bubbly now. No joke though, when you first meet them, you would think that they are total bitches that get whatever they want! But there defiantly not. They are nice, they work to get what they need and there defiantly not bitch's.

***

We got out of the pool, dried ourselves off then we just laid down on our towels talking. "Hey Greta, can I have your number?" Carla asked. "Can I too?" Destiny added. "Yeah of course, but only if I can have yours too." I answered cheekily. "Deal." They both said in sync. We all got out phones out and wrote the numbers into the phones.

"Well, I better go. My dad and sister are coming up tomorrow to visit and I have to get everything ready, Cya guys later!" I said. "We are so going to miss you!" They said in sync and then we all ended up in a big hug. "Going to miss you two too. Bye!" I replied, grabbed my stuff and started to walk away. "Good bye!" They cooed after me.

I decided to just walk home because it was still nice outside. I absolutely hate when my hair gets wet because it goes all weird and my long blond hair looks like its some form of horrible brown and then it’s all curly, it sticks to me, and it doesn't go normal until it is properly dry. It took me 15 minutes to walk back to my apartment and when I got there, I was fully dried off. And if I wasn’t, I would have to stay outside until it was….

I unlocked my apartment door and walked in. It was exactly the way I left it, when I went out. So no one had robbed the place. Good. I chucked my bag onto the bench and went to have a shower. I smelt like chlorine. Defiantly not the best smell in the world.

(Half an hour later)

I had a kind of long shower just because, well it’s a really big and nice shower and the water temperature is so perfect. When I got out of the shower I put on a pair of blue shorts and a tank top. I have to do some cleaning around this apartment. I know it was a nice day and I really should've spent it all of it outside, but I went swimming, that’s enough isn't it? I looked in about 5 cupboards before I found the cleaning supplies, a sponge, a cloth, and some disinfectant.

I placed the equipment on the bench and then I noticed my wet bag that I took to go swimming, was on the bench. I quickly picked it up, and the whole bench was soaked. I threw the bag into the laundry, (yes I have a laundry in my apartment) and then I ran in there, took the stuff out and hung the bag over the deck outside. The only real thing that would've made a difference, being wet , was the bag. The stuff inside were wet, but they are easy to dry. I just rested them on my little table on the deck.

I then, walked inside and started cleaning up all the mess on the bench, because of the bag. It took me about 10 minutes to properly clean that up, and then it took me another half an hour to clean up the whole apartment. That half an hour also included getting things set up for tomorrow when dad and Claire get here.

At about 6:00pm the maid came in and handed me some dinner. That’s why this apartment is awesome, they give you meals. (Well you have to order them at the front desk first) but still. I ate it super quickly because I didn’t eat anything else today, well I had a piece of toast for breakfast but that’s about it. Dinner was, tender breast chicken and some vegetables, very nice.

I decided to have an early night because, "they” were coming up tomorrow and I don’t want to be tired. I ended up going to bed at 8:30.

**Authors Note**

What did you think of this chapter? What do you think will happen when her dad and sister come up? What do you think of her new friends? Comment your thoughts below. Thanks heaps for reading! Check out the awesome banner of Carla made by @xhinitoprinz :) 

-Chloe xx