Chapter 5

I woke up peacefully the next morning. I crept out of my room and saw that the kitchen and lounge room were empty. Dad and Claire must still be asleep. I tip toed back into my room and lay down on my bed, just staring at the roof for a while. "Wake up sister!!" Claire said as she walked into my room. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed. "What Claire?!" I yelled. "KEEP IT DOWN IN THERE!" I heard dad yell from the lounge room. "Yeah, yeah whatever." I mumbled. "I want to go somewhere!" Claire screeched, "It's boring here!" "JUST LET ME GET READY!" I screamed back. "Ok then!" She surrendered and backed out of my room with her hands in the air.

I slowly climbed out of bed and walked over to my closet. I decided on wearing a blue summer dress, it's supposed to be hot today. I walked out into the kitchen and I saw Claire looking in the food cupboard. Oh no she didn't. No body and I repeat, no body touch's my food! "Clairey." I cooed, "What are you doing?" "I'm hungry." She complained. "Well then why don't we go out for breakfast?!" I screeched excitedly. "YAY!" She screeched back. "YAY!" I mimicked her.

We just decided to walk there because it wasn't that far. Dad said he wasn't hungry so he's just back at the apartment watching TV or something, whilst Claire and I get some bonding time. Yay. It may seem like I hate my sister but I really love her. We fight like normal siblings but we are really close. Yes, she is five years younger than me but I don't even notice. I decided to take her to the café I wanted to go to amongst those other shops.

***

"That was delicious!" Claire stated to the waiter as we walked out.

"Now what?" She whined when we arrived back on the street.

"Want to go meet my friends?" I asked and she just rolled her eyes, "It will pass time?" I kind of questioned.

"Fine then." She stated simply.

"Let's go then!" I shrieked and we started walking. Wait. Where were we walking? I have no absolute clue where they could be...

"Wait... "I mumbled, "Let me just ring them to see where they are."

"Whatever." She replied.

I just decided to ring Carla because her name was first in my contacts. "Hello?" I heard Carla say.

"Hey!" I shrieked and by then she knew it was me.

"Greta! I've missed you so much!" She shrieked back, "I have too!" I heard another voice say, probably Destiny.

***

Right now Claire and I are talking to my friends. She whispers in my ear like every minute to tell me how weird they are. "Well we better go. It was nice meeting you!" Claire said and grabbed my hand to drag me away.

"Haha, yeah I guess we better! See you guys later!" I said.

"Aww alright! See you!" Carla replied.

We started to walk away but then Destiny yelled out "STOP!"

Claire and I both turned around and Destiny and Carla were standing there. "Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you want to come to a singles night with us, in 2 days; Saturday?" Destiny questioned.

"Um yeah I guess! Lol" I answered.

"Ok! Yay! See you then! Bye!" She replied.

"Cya!" I called out then walked away with Claire.

We walked everywhere this afternoon. And yes, we did spend the whole day with my friends. We obviously went out for breakfast then we met my friends at a little kiddy park. From there we walked into town; spent a few hours there then Claire begged us to go to time zone; so we went there. And by the time we done all this it was late afternoon. Dad hasn't rang yet so he mustn't be to worried about us. We arrived back at my apartment around 6pm. I knocked on the door and dad opened it about a minute later. We walked inside and I noticed that he was wearing a chef apron and a chefs hat...

"Dad..." I said, "What are you wearing?"

"Oh you don't like it?!" He pretended to sound hurt.

"Its.. Um.. Nice?" I replied.

"Haha thanks sweetheart. I'm making dinner because its our last night here and I felt like showing you my cooking skills." He winked.

"Aha, ok dad." I added and walked into my room leaving Claire to talk with dad.

I'm actually not even that hungry and I have only eat breakfast. I know I should've had lunch but I haven't been hungry. I don't know why.

I cant believe that I actually accepted the offer to go to that singles night on Saturday. I'll probably have a lot of studying to do on the weekend because I start work tomorrow. I actually cant wait to be back in a office or some kind of designing room. I cant wait to meet my new bosses and I cant wait to see if they like my designs that I designed before I moved to London. I get to choose 3 things to show off. I chose an aqua sparkly dress, a pair of silver sparkly heels and a pair of light orange shorts.

"Dinners ready!" I heard dad call out.  

I walked down into the dining room and dad instructed Claire and I to sit down. We did and 5 seconds later he came out with plates of food in his hands. He placed them down in front of us like we were at a restaurant. "Thanks." Claire and I said in sync.  

"No problems, girls. Enjoy." He replied.

I looked at my plate. I couldn't tell what it was at all. I picked up a spoon and dug out some of the mush looking food. I swallowed the mush it was quite nice; but I still have no idea of what it is. Oh now I know what it is! It's some kind of meat and veggies in rice or something!

***

"I hope you 2 had a nice stay!" I told dad and Claire has they were about to hop into a cab to go to the airport. 

"We did! We'll have to come up again sometime!" Dad stated. 

"Yeah, defiantly!" I replied, "Bye! Love you two!"  

"Bye darling. Enjoy London." Dad added. 

"Bye Claire!" I said. 

"Bye Greta!" Claire replied.

AUTHORS NOTE: ok. I know it's short and i know that you've all been waiting for so long but I'm going to update again either tomorrow or Monday. ! I PROMISE! Well yeah hope you enjoyed! What do you think'll happen when she starts work? What do you think will happen at the singles night? Rating out of 10? Comment your thoughts below, it does really help :) Check out the banner of Greta's dad on the side made by @xhinitoprinz

Thanks for reading!

- Chloe xx