Chapter 9

My dad drove me to the firehouse, just like every morning. The guys greeted me when I came in and we began to chat, only this morning, it was interrupted by nausea.
   "Excuse me for a sec." I rushed, heading for the bathroom. I closed the door and threw my guts up, again and again. I was in there at least ten minutes but there was no knock at the door so I didn't rush to ready myself.
    Feeling better, I cleaned the toilet, washed my face and cleaned my teeth, hiding any trace of what happened. I made a brave face in the mirror. Opening the door revealed a very worried-looking Kelly.
    "Georgie, are you okay?" He asked, worried. He looked over my shoulder, trying to see what I was doing. "You threw up, are you sick? Do you want me to take you to the doctor?" He asked. I smiled but shook my head, resting it against his chest.
   "No, Kelly, I'm fine." The look he gave me showed he didn't believe me but he didn't want to make me upset, so he let it slide.
    There hadn't seemed to be an emergency all day and everyone was very bored. I was trying to watch TV when I overheard my dad talking on the phone in his office. I couldn't make out the conversation but I just heard: 'you're sure'.
    "You fucking little whore!" He yelled, storming out of his office. Before I could react, he grabbed me and threw me on the ground. "You fucking little whore." He yelled again. He went to punch me but Cruz and Mouch restrained him. "Why are there two positive pregnancy tests in the bin, huh? Do you even know who he father is?"
He yelled, louder and louder, pulling against Cruz so that he could get to me. "You've probably fucked half of Chicago, haven't you your fucking whore."
   Right then, Kelly punched him.
   My dad fell back, blood gushing from his nose. He just looked on as Kelly helped me up. He made sure I was okay.
    "Herrmann, take her into another room." He commanded. I just stood there, not knowing what was going on. Herrmann took my arm and tried to take me to the office but I dragged back, wanting to know what was said.
    "Is she a whore, really?" Kelly yelled, seriously. My father just looked at him, paying more attention to his bleeding nose. "You just called your own fucking daughter a whore! So go on, is she?"
   "She's eighteen and pregnant! What the fuck do you think?" He spat back. My father looked straight at me. "Don't expect me to keep your kid for you."
   "Unlike you, I can look after my own child." Kelly smirked. As the realisation hit my dad, he punched Kelly in the face.
    "You son of a bitch, you got my daughter pregnant! I'll fucking kill you!" He only managed to land one punch on Kelly before he was restrained by everyone. I knelt by Kelly, looking over his face.
    "Please don't hate me." I whispered. He took his hand and held it to my stomach. After a moment, he smiled.
   "I-" he tried to speak but couldn't. "I love you so much." He finally managed to say. He threw his arms around me and held me closely. "I never though that I would be lucky enough to find somebody that I loved, let alone have a kid with." He smiled.
"Congrats, you two." We heard from behind us. There stood the whole of firehouse 51 smiling at us and taking pictures.
"My dance teacher is gonna flip." I laughed as he kissed me, sweetly. "My fans will love it, though."
"Your fans?" Otis asked. I laughed.
"I'm a world-famous dancer." I wasn't as modest as I could have been. "I did a TV show about dance a few year back and my social media took off." I explained.