Chapter 46

Cupid's Point of View

"Coal, you have to Calm down." Pagkakalma ni Clotho sa kaniyang asawa na ngayon ay galit na galit na.

He is so furious at Artemis. Ano bang ikinakagalit at ikinakatakot niya? Na maaaring may nalabag na naman kami at baka mas lalo lang kaming pag-initan?

There's nothing to worry about, I think.

I know Art is strong enough to handle that Archangel but I also understanf where he's coming from. Wala siyang sapat na kapangyarihan ngayon, I am also unable to use the extent of my powers kaya talagang wala nga kaming laban kung sakaling mas dumami ang kalaban namin. He just wants us to stay low-key pero tama din naman ang ginawang pagpigil or shall I say panghahamon ni Art kay Thanatos.

Hindi naman siguro kakalaban ng isang anghel ang isang Diyosa diba?

"What you did back there Art was reckless! Hinamon mo lang naman 'yong Arkanghel na 'yon!" sita ni Coal kay Art nang makarating kami sa loob ng Gazebo.

"Oh will you stop whining Coal? It's annoying me. Just shut that darn mouth." Sagot sa kaniya ni Art at umirap. She flipped her hair and a few glowing blue dusts flew into the air. She's really magical.

"You are putting all of us in great danger! Padalos dalos ka!"

"What are you mad of? Is it required that before making a decision it's suppose to consume a lot of time? Is it like that!?"

"No. My God! What I mean is, a decision shouldn't be too easy to make but it's not suppose to be too hard also. It's suppose to be worth it. Pinapahamak mo lang tayong lahat eh!"

"What danger!? There's nothing wrong with what I did!"

"Nothing wrong?! Huh. That's what you thought because you're not thinking first before making a decision! Kaya lagi na lang may napapahamak dahil sa 'yo!"

Shit. He did not just said that. Artemis is very sensitive when it comes to that topic. Ang pinakamasakit at pinakamapit na nangyari sa kaniyang buhay. It's very sad specially that I was able to witness all of those devastations she was facing before.

"What? You think I'm reckless?! You think I can't make decisions properly?! You think I'll bring nothing but misfortunes to all of you because that's what happened to Orion!? Bullshit! I am done living my life full of regrets. I can't die even if I tried to! Even if I wanted to! I wanted to end my life because it has already lost its meaning the moment I lost him! I fucking killed him! I killed the only person who understands me! You think I'm fine now? You think I've moved on? Huh. Well, curse you and your thoughts." She said and glowing blue tears started flowing from her beautiful eyes. Her glowing blue hair is starting to fade.

Bawat patak ng luha niya ay nagiging maliliit na bituin na nahuhulog sa langit. Mga maliliit na bituin na may mahinang kinang. Those were stars of sadness.

I suddenly felt the Elysian turned Gloomy. Now I think it's going to rain heavily.

Coal turned silent upon hearing Artemis. It's true that it was really hard for her. Even though it was actually her twin brother's fault, she could not blame him. Her twin just did that im order to protect her from her own feelings. It was a tough decisiom for Apollo but in the end, he chose to do what he think is right.

"I'm sorry." Was all he can say. He knew it was his fault to mention that incident. Every Gods, Goddesses and other Creatures are told to avoid bringing that topic up. It was Zeus' demand to all of us. That's the least thing we can do for our precious Artemis.

Art wiped her tears and smiled bitterly.

"I just realized something that I should have way before. I should have made every moments we were together, memorable. I should have spent those moments and made the most out of it. Now, I am full of regrets. I am living with regrets. These regrets will forever haunt me and I have to accept that my life will never be the same again. If only I did not took those times for granted. I could have at least some happy moments with him to remember by when I'm alone. Coal, you have to start fighting for what you want, what you love and what you think is for you. You can't just let the Fate hinder you from getting what you truly deserves. You can't give up without trying. Your wife is just waiting for you to come back."

We fell silent but Coal decided to break that up.

"I don't need to go back because I never left in the first place."

A smile formed on my lips as I watch Clotho cried.

Art nodded and faced me while continuing her words.

"And you Cupid? Maybe it's time that you should not let people dictate who you should love and who you should not love because if you chose to force yourself to love someone else just because that what the people around you says so, then it isn't love. We don't fall in love with people just because we fall in love. We fall in love with them because we are meant to fall for them and together with that fall is the pain and sacrifice. It's up to us if we take the risk and start fighting or will we give up and die not trying at all. If we're afraid of being hurt, we shouldn't because sometimes, it's the pain that keeps us going. Love is a battle and you're not alone. You're not suppose to fight alone. You don't have to be on your own. I'll be with you, Psyche will be with you. If it's a battle, then we'll be your soldiers."

I felt a jab at my chest. She is right. Everything makes sense now. I have to stand up. I have to fight for the both of us. This is my second chance and I have to win this. If I had let them take her away from me, Now will be different. I'll be her soldier in this battle and I am taking back what's really mine.

"You're right. I'm ready to avenge our poor love story. We have been apart from each other before and I can't take another lifetime not being with her. Let's go to the Good Ol' Zeus' Kingdom."

I saw her smiled.

"That's what I'm talkin' about! Howdy Let's go!"