Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine 💙Snow💚

Right on cue there was a knock on the door and in walked Alex. Following closely behind him was Lynn. They had almost guilty looks on their faces.

"Uhh..." Alex started.

"We have something to tell you," Lynn blurted out.

I grinned at them, noticing the way they gravitated towards each other. "You guys are mates." I stated the obvious

"Yes! How did you know?" Lynn asked curiously.

"Hmm, maybe it was the way you walked in right behind Alex and you guys are constantly touching?"

"Ohh," Alex came to the realization of how obvious they were.

"My question is, how did you find out?"

"Well after you were attacked I tried to get the girl that almost killed you," Alex began.

"I had the same idea, and we ended up tracking her to the border, because my darling brother let her escape, where Alex and I met." Lynn continued.

"I made eye contact with her and we realized what we were to each other, mates," he finished.

"That's cute! My two best friends are mates!" I squealed, before realizing that jumping in excitement hurt-a lot.

Asher looked at me in worry and moved to sit on the bed with me. "Be careful Snow, you are still hurt," he gently scolded me.

"Yeah, yeah," I mumbled.

"We need to go, it's almost midnight, but we'll come back tomorrow to check on you," Alex smiled as he and Lynn left hand in hand.

"I suppose I should go too," Asher said, starting to get up.

I grabbed his hand before he could, "You're just going to leave me?" I asked, "Please stay," I whispered, looking down. I still didn't like feeling attached to him, I was so used to the temporary that something permanent seemed strange and foreign.

He lifted my chin so I would meet his eyes and slowly leaned in to gently kiss me. My eyes slipped closed, savoring the sweetness of the kiss. He pulled away, smiling at me and lay down beside me on the bed.

The last thing I remember before falling asleep was the feeling of warmth and security coming from the boy who was cuddling me in a hospital bed.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&

Was it what you were expecting? I know it was a bit of a wait but life gets in the way of my writing :( let me know what you think!

Love,

Poppy