ch. 1

Chapter 1

     I am Alice and this is my story…

     I will not talk about my life from the beginning. It is like on the any other girls of 23 years. Well, maybe not quite. Let’s say that I was… little strange… It sounds plausible, but not then. Like I said I will not talk about that what it was. I’ll talk about what happened to me now. Me and a few others. Well, let’s start from the beginning.

^^^

     At first it was just a feeling. The pain from the blow… Blow, that I could not remember how I received. How? Who? I had no idea. I only know that my head ached just like after a drunken night. Not that I’m very familiar with drunkenness. Then came flashes. My eyes began to open. Slowly… cautiously… Groaned because of embarrassment I felt. Inhale deeply, but choked. The air smelled like a basement. You know…? That strange smell of mold and something that is difficult to determine. But back to the question.

     I lay on the floor. Wet and cold. At the time I was welcome that feeling because my body stilled. When I tried to stand up I realized how much worse I am. I had bruises around my wrists. Traces of ropes. Ropes? I’ve been tied up?  I could not remember anything and it seemed very strange and frightening. However, I managed to sit down. Run my hand through my tangled, damp brown hair. This time I breathe slower. I was unpleasant surprised when I saw that I’m wearing clothes that are not mine and that I did not like them. It looked like a cross between a hospital gown and a uniform. If I can describe it that way. In short – it was a rough cloth and wider that it should. Like it was made without specifying the size of the one who would wear it… in this case I do.

     It took me a while, but I came to myself. I got up very carefully and very slowly. I looked carefully. On either side were stone walls. The outline of the blocks was clear and it was obvious that they were not build soon. They were old but well maintained. The other two sides had space. I was in a tunnel. Tunnel? How…? My heart was pounding like crazy with fear. I was shaking and I was pretty sure I will fall back on the floor. I felt the wind. My entire body shivered. It was cold.

     I had no choice. I walked forward. Or at least I think it was ahead. I moved close to the wall on my left. I came in a very special feeling. Fear and anxiety. Tension. I wanted to quit, but I had no choice. I went forward. Suddenly I heard something behind me. Something like howl. Acted on first signal. I ran. I was in such shock that I could not even cry. But later it would happen.

     I ran like crazy not knowing if I’m going to another danger. But what could I do? Suddenly I tripped on something. I flew forward and fell. I do not hit my head or something. Although I felt a pain in my leg. I stood up to see what I tripped. Oh My God! Bones… I stumbled on human bones. Now I wept. I turned into a ball. Damn it. Where am I, in hell?

     Suddenly I reached to the echo of footsteps. He ran. He ran towards me. I was too tired to get up and run. For that I just lay there and prayed not to be someone who wants to kill me. Because this place definitely looked like a tomb. Then the footsteps slowed and finally disappeared entirely. I heard someone’s heavy breathing. Whoever was there was no longer moving. I looked quite a bit. Above me someone was a leaning, but I could not see well because of the darkness that enveloped everything. If I judging by its size, it was a man. Tall. He bent down and held out his hand to me. He said something, but I did not understand because he spoke in a strange language. I had not heard anything like that before, but I like how it sounds. Somehow… comforting. Whoever it was, I do not think he wanted to hurt me. Actually he helped me up.

     Even close to him I could not see him well. Again I heard that howl. This time comes closer. Approached. I repeat only that I can’t continue to run. I had no strength. But I was not sure that he could understand me. The man grabbed my hand and started to run. I could not stop. After a few minutes I realized that my feet barely touching the ground. And the speed with which we move… My head swam. One thing was clear. I will not stop running. I don’t want to become a food for monster. Wait a minute. Monster? How did this come to my mind? Why this?