Zedianx

Entry by Zedianx

Saturday, 9 am, night time.

A usual day for me. I was working at my summer job at Joe's bar, working at the front counter.

Nothing new really, it was just one of those nights. Since Joe's Bars closes at midnight, I have to stay there night time due to shifts. But, I hardly care.

The job was rather simpler than expected, all I had to do was dot down names of groups for tables, writing down the time they arrived so they can be all fairly seated.

Of course, there was problems there and there. But usually, I got through it despite how irritating it could be.

But...

There was always that feeling I had. I can't really explain it really, but.. I don't know. It's like I shrug off anything at this point. It's like I don't even care anymore.

Usually, I get mad pretty easily towards those who anger me or insult my friends. But instead, it was like nothing really told me otherwise.

My shift was just about ended. I went to the back and gather all my things from the locker. My friend and coworker, John, was also there. He was doing the same thing I was doing, packing up to get home.

He picked up his bag and looked over to me with a smile across the bench in between the lockers of the room.

"Hey, Diya!" He cheerfully said. "What a night, right?"

John was the same age that I was. At work, he usually was the bartender. And he was great at it. Always able to entertain the customers with ease but does his job just right.

He's also one of those optimist who you couldn't help to smile at.

"uh, Diya?"

Shoot. Seems like I fazed out for a second.

"Yeah, John? Sorry."

He proceeds to gently laugh.

"Ah, it's okay! Like I said, it's been a long night. Especially with those tough cookies that entered in earlier tonight!"

I scratch my head, forcing myself to smile awkwardly.

"Oh yeah..."

He was referring to the customers that came in with a fit a few hours ago. I had just called up a party to their seats, but as soon as I did, a family of a father, mother, and two kids came up. The father was the one that spoke.

"Hey, you have Smith's in for 7:00 o'clock?"

The Smith's? I thought.

"Um, let me check sir." I calmly said, looking down at my list for them. However, it wasn't there. 

I slowly looked at him, and bluntly said, "Sorry sir, but I do not."

The father's eyebrows curve.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Out of nowhere, this caused him to be outraged.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" He yelled at me. "WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR AN HOUR!"

I kind of felt bad, but I was sure I didn't see their party sign in.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but-"

"BULLSH*T! SORRY MY AZZ!" He slams his hand on the counter. "YOU KIDS DON'T KNOW SH*T! WHERE'S YOUR MANAGER?"