Chapter 1: The drug for his heart

To clear up confusion, the first two chapters are set in the present time and then it goes back to the past on Chapter 3 and back to the present on Chapter 61. Just keep reading it'll make sense (:

GIOVANNI P.O.V

Her skin was the shade of dark chocolate and not the cheap shit, the expensive kind.

The kind that your tongue slowly massages as your taste buds dance with amazement from the beauty of it all. The kind you seem to never get enough off cause it gives you a high that nothing else can.

If you ever come across this type of drug, don't even dare to take a taste, not even a lick. If you want to remain sane that is. This is coming from an experienced man who has lost every bit of sanity in him.

But still my tongue-my heart longs for more, she made me weak and I don't know how to regain strength. Or maybe I don't want to.

I glance down at her stomach. If you look closely you can tell she is carrying. Or maybe it's just because I know her body like a back road. I know her left breast is smaller then her right, I know she has a freckle on the left side of her face, I know the rhythm of the stretch marks that enhance her belly, I know her lips are 100% real but she thinks her eyelashes aren't long enough so she gets extensions put in.

She throws her head back and laughs at something her friend said. Not that fake shit most girls do. She laughs the type of laugh that sends her curls bouncing, the laugh that excites a glow all over her face, the type of laugh that makes you ask what was so funny.

The manager, a creepy man that I always catch checking her out, yells for them to get back to work. She sends an apologetic smile his way and picks up the next tray of food, a burger, large fries with a vanilla milkshake.

I glance down at my watch, I've been waiting for my food for 25 minutes. Usually, I would be enraged, I would get my PA to email the restaurant and file for a complaint. But it's not the food I came here for. Truthfully I've been hungry for 3 months, but it seems that no matter how much I eat, I remain unsatisfied. It's not my stomach that's been hungry, it's my heart.

My heart hammers against my ribs so loud I think she might hear it. She sets my food down in front of me. "How are you doing today sir? will this be it?" She has yet to make eye contact. Instead, she has her eyes fixed on her notebook.

I clench my jaw. I know she's stressed and I had a strong feeling she hadn't eaten much today. The bell for the next order rings behind her. She closes her eyes for a few seconds, not long enough to show annoyance in front of a customer, but long enough for someone who has read her body language to know.

"Excuse me please" She mutters out. I grab her hand right as she goes to turn around. It was baby soft just as I remembered. But I was smart enough to know she has worked hard for everything she's got in life.

She turns back around, her eyes wide with shock from a customer's daring move.

"Sto benissimo mi Bella and yes that will be all. Perché ho trovato la mia regina."
(I'm fine beautiful and yes that will be all because I've found my queen).

A gasp slips from those plump sweet lips that I already know taste like vanilla.

"I didn't come to make a scene, just stopping by for a quick hello."

I tilt my head towards the seat opposite me, "Please sit Mio amore, you look as if you may faint."

She hesitates for a second then looks down at my hand that was still holding her's and slowly she sit down.

"Giovanni..." Her voice was barely a whisper but it still caused a twitch in my pants.

I put a finger to her lips to hush her as I pushed the tray of food closer to her. "I need you to just eat and relax right now, can you do that for me baby? I already ordered more food and paid the bill, I know my son has a huge appetite".

Her mouth drops in horror. Leaning over, I Paste a kiss on her forehead than standing up and I tip my hat, "We'll talk later Tesoro."

And just like that, I slip out into the cloudy afternoon with a smile so big I was sure my father would rise from his grave and shoot me himself.

Remember to Vote and tell me what you think so far!