30

The only thing I could think about was the pain. It coursed through my whole body like fire that was creating a vacuum from the center of my torso. Movement became impossible due to the pressure beating on my skin leaving me stationary clutching my head on the floor. I let out an inhuman guteral scream finally grasping the thought scratching the back of my skull.

The higher I went the more it hurt. So why not go back down?

"GO DOWN!" I screamed holding my head only vaguely aware of how worried Sam was and his hands steadying my body.

I felt the building pressure in my head stop increasing as the elevator stopped and the pain lessened more and more as we traveled back down.

As the pain faded I became aware of the tears staining my face and how sore my voice was after only a few moments of screaming.

By the time we reached floor ten (about halfway up), I felt fine again. Beyond shaken up, but physically fine.

Sam was clutching me tight to his chest, lips nearly glued to the top of my head gently rocking me back and forth.

"Sammy I'm fine now." I reassured him with a smile.

"That was not fine." He muttered with a strained voice that was somehow chocked full of relief and desperation at the same time.

"It's gone now Samson." I whispered, making sure to hold his gaze for as long as I could.

It took him a moment to accept this, whatever it was, and that he couldn't do anything to fight it but he eventually stood and helped me up.

"Shall we resume?" Dean asked, finger hovering above the button.

"NO!" I screeched lunging in front of the control pad. "No, it got worse as I went up. I'll stay down here and guard the elevator or something." I said breathlessly as I opened the doors.

"Whoa whoa whoa, I'm not leaving you here." Sam said with his panicked look still stuck on his face.

"No, you need to go with Dean." I argued giving him a quick kiss and pushing him back into the elevator. "Go kick some angel ass Samson." I encouraged.

"Alright I'm turning the elevator off once we get up there so go ahead and guard the stair case." Dean instructed with a salute before closing the doors.

I saluted back and walked quietly over to the door to the stairs like I had just gotten done with the first day of varsity basketball practice. My head was throbbing a little, not with pain just a blood rush, and my limbs felt like they were going to be amazingly sore tomorrow but not so bad that I couldn't kick ass if I needed to. I sat down on the stairs angel blade in hand and let my head rest in my hands as I listened for footsteps.

I heard a crash from the floors above followed by a good amount of yelling.

That better not be the boys.

Of course I knew it probably was the boys but I liked to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not long after the crash I heard someone running up the stairs. I quickly stood up and acted like I was having a smoke hoping that if they were a normal person they would just keep walking. I didn't bother hiding my angel blade because I figured I could tell them it was a lighter if I really needed to. Then I remembered I don't smoke meaning I have no cigaret so I started digging in my pockets like I was looking for one.

A middle aged woman came darting up the stairs and her eyes immediately widened. "Your kind aren't supposed to be up this high! How are you even alive?" She asked tugging me by my elbow down the stairs like she was legitamately concerned.