[Chapter Ten]

Comment, Vote and Fan My Lovelies :D x

[Chapter Ten]

Liam's POV

I watched as Janey cried, I had never seen anyone cry as much as she did. I wanted to hug her, just as a friend, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Don't get me wrong, yeah I think she is a great girl, but I didn't want her to see anything more than me just giving her a comforting hug. So I watched.

Ten minutes later she finally stopped crying. "I'm sorry dude" she was apologising. I felt like a jerk. I couldn't bring myself to say anything to her, so I nodded my head. She seemed to somehow understand and started talking "My dad used to hit me" she said, without any emotion. Damn. No wonder she cried so much! I'm an ass.

She continued to talk, still with no emotion. It seemed like someone had flicked a switch and had changed her completely. "He hates me, because of my mother dying. He used to say that if I wasn't born then she would still be here, which is true, but I didn't ask to be born. Only, he couldn't understand that" she looked at me to see if I had anything to say. I didn't. I just simply nodded my head again, just to let her know I understood and was still listening. "One day, he hit me so hard that I couldn't go to school for a few weeks until the bruising went away, he even knocked out a tooth" I could see the anger building up in her eyes.

She continued "My grades started dropping and the school board was getting pissed at how much school I missed" I moved towards her and rubbed her arm. "You don't have to tell me anymore, I understand" she gave a small smile, but it didn't last long. "I want to tell you, if that's okay?" she looked at me hopeful, I didn't mind her telling me, I felt special, being told such intimate things. It also helped me to realise that my life wasn't so bad. I again nodded, so she knew to continue. "He got so angry one day that as I backed into the corner of the room, he kept coming towards me, he was shouting, but I couldn't understand what he was saying. Hermione walked in just as he was about to hit me, he was holding something in his hand, but I couldn't see what, through the tears and me covering my head. The next thing I knew Hermione was screaming. He backed away from me but not before spitting at me and saying I was a waste of space and that he wished I had died that day instead of my mom. Which was nothing new, as he always told me that, but that day was different, I actually think he was going to try to kill me. I am so glad for Hermione walking in. Thats when we left, she told me to pack my things, he had stormed out of the house, so that was our chance. I grabbed everything I needed and we left" the tears were streaming down her face, I could see how hurt she was, so I finally pulled her into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and told her she was safe now.

We sat like that for a few minutes, Janey still crying, when the door opened and someone walked in.

Comment, Vote and Fan :D x