Judgement

1. God Is Evil?

You delight in showing mercy, and mercy triumphs over judgement.

A big question everyone asks is — and mind you even Christians ask the same question — why would God allow all the things that are happening all around the world happen? Why has God made war? Cancer? Things that kill and hurt the very people he created? For this answer we need to go back to the start.

"You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil."
(Genesis‬ ‭3:4-5‬ ‭NIV‬‬)

As soon as Eve was deceived by the devil and took a bite out of that fruit, all evil was released. Man's thirst to be like God overpowered and ruined the peace God had created. And now, like Adam and Eve, we all sin. Whether it's small white lies, stealing a game from a friend or even bigger like murder and rape. God never wanted this world to be bad and wicked. This was all man's fault.

God does not make anyone do wicked acts. How can you blame God for another man killing your brother or wife? Just like God has given you free choice, he has given that same person the same gift. Everyone in this world feels pain, hurt, depression. I know you think why doesn't God help me? But when you go through these situations you never know that God is always with you, when you feel hurt, God feels hurt, when you're in pain, God is also in pain.

People are quick to judge, they often like to play God and decide who is worthy for love and who isn't. It's easy to say men who beat their wife and children deserve to go to hell, or women who beat their husband and children should be thrown to hell. But what about them? What about their mother's and father who beat them when they were children also? Don't they deserve to be free from their parents? Cursed with a childhood they now inflict on their children? And what about their parent's parents? But now, how can we stop there? All this leads back to Adam and Eve, and quickly that sums up the whole human race. No one is more compassionate than God. No one will forgive every sin you commit, heart-wholly. God knows we sin, but he doesn't let that stop us from knowing him and being able to enter into heaven.

If you're saved and know Jesus Christ as your saviour, you will be accepted into heaven. There's a verse in the bible where is says, God will forgive you 70 times 7 times. God is so forgiving and full of love, the worst of the worst kinds of people will be forgiven and their sin will be forgotten if they pray and ask for it. Forgiveness is one of the hardest things there is to do as a Christian. It may take a while and no one expects you to forgive someone who has tormented you all your life in one day. It may take some months and even years. Be patient, and be open.

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery."
‭‭(Galatians‬ ‭5:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬)

But on the other hand, I'm sure many of you are familiar with Matthew 7:1 where it says we should not judge but if you continue to read the passage it keeps going to say that if you look at your brothers' eyes with a speck of sawdust yet you don't acknowledge a plank in your own how can you then say to him 'let me take that speck out of your eye' when you still haven't removed that plank in your eye. What it's trying to say is, don't judge others for what they're doing when you're doing the exact same. I cannot say to someone "don't kill!" If I murder innocent people everyday. (Just an example don't worry lol.)

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
‭‭(Matthew‬ ‭7:5‬ ‭NIV‬‬)

It's hard to acknowledge the wrong things you are doing until someone points it out, and it's even harder to listen to someone when they criticising you. But open your ears, know they are trying to help you, trying to get you out of that toxic relationship or drug addiction. They tell you because they care for you.

And I can tell you because the bible says that Christians can judge rightfully, because we have "a mind like Christ." We listen to his word and spread it to others.

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." (Mark‬ ‭16:15‬ ‭NIV‬‬)

—————

Do you think you're a judgemental person? If so, how can you better yourself not to judge?

Is there a person you haven't forgiven because of something they did? Can you try and forgive them now?

If you're new to faith and are interested in getting closer with God do you want to say this prayer with me? You don't have you be an amazing person to have a relationship with him, just come as you are and he'll accept you, but you must be willing to change out of your sinful ways.

Dear God, thank you for the life you have given me. Thank you for the people I have met and will meet in the future, God, please forgive any sins I have committed, whether I knew it was a sin or not. I want to let you come into my life and fill me with the goodness and kindness of you. Thank you Lord, amen.