Chapter 15 - New Breed of Monsters

VOTE and COMMENT!

(Read the author’s note at the end! :D)

(The picture to the side is of Masumi as an adult.) 

Dull red eyes stared absentmindedly up at the ceiling of the training grounds. 

A sharpened katana swooped to slice her stomach.  In a flash, huge raven wings sprouted out of her back and pushed against the dirt floor, making her do a backflip and soar into the air to stare down at her opponent. 

The captured Sand ninja was glaring up at her with pure rage on his face. 

This was just a game to the geisha. 

A game she always won. 

The rules were simple.  If Masumi was defeated, the enemy ninja was released without further harm.  The enemy would then have one full day as a head start before Mist ninja would chase them down. 

A harsh gale of wind came zooming towards the woman that was hovering above the training grounds.  Chakra flew into her winds as she gave one full stroke through the air.  Harsh winds overpowered the enemy’s with ease before cutting into the man.  With another chakra filled flap, the wind diced the man into tiny bits. 

“Last one.”  The director’s voice boomed through the sound system as a thick stone door was slowly lifted to reveal a fellow Mist ninja. 

“I didn’t mean to!”  The ninja cried out in fear and regret as he was forced into the bloodied arena. 

“What crimes did you commit?”  Masumi questioned with fake interest as her wings disappeared into her back and she landed in a ring of dirt.  The geisha’s youthful but gray hair seemed to float as she landed. 

“Nothing!”  What appeared to be sharpened feathers flew through the air, slicing the man’s arms. 

“So you’re being sentenced to death over nothing?”  Masumi spoke in a sickly sweet voice that held a hint of malice in it. 

“I opened a scroll I had been ordered to retrieve!”  The man confessed as blood dripped onto the floor. 

Masumi frowned down at the blood.  Sayuri got all of the fun stuff.  The woman pouted as the blood dripped onto the dirt floor at a faster rate.  The geisha had no need for blood like her younger sister.  In fact, there really was no reason for most of her killings.  She claimed she killed for the hell of it.  It was partially true. 

The woman’s stomach seemed to convulse.  It was a sensation Masumi had adjusted to long ago.  The stomach pain was caused by Sayuri eating a large animal.  An animal that was probably too big for her stomach.  Instead of feeling pain, the pain was transferred to Masumi. 

Water came zooming towards the dangerous woman from the Mist ninja. 

“That’s enough fun.”  Masumi purred out of habit as a wing sprouted from her back and shot a gust of wind that dissolved the opponent’s jutsu. 

A matching wing sprung out of her back as her nails elongated to appear more like those you would find on a big cat.  With an evil smile, Masumi sent another harsh gale of wind.  She held out her lengthened nails and pointed them at the unfortunate Mist ninja.  A large bolt of lightning shot out of the tip of the nail and strengthened the wind so that it was tearing up the ground it soared over. 

“Masumi.”  The director’s voice boomed over the stereo system as the woman watched in satisfaction at the sight of the man being shredded alive while being electrocuted at the same time.  “Masumi!”  The geisha flinched at the anger in the voice before turning to the official entrance to the enclosed arena.  The director stood there with a frown firmly planted on his face.