Chapter 9

Hey guys, Kyle here, soooo I’ve noticed that not many of you have been commenting… We’ll have to talk about that but anyways yeah here’s the chapter.

Chapter 9

Kyle’s P.O.V.

            “Dude schedules just came!”  Logan shouts to me as he runs down the hall and lands in the seat across from me.

            “Really Logan, you’re getting excited about school?” I ask looking up from my breakfast of scrambled eggs and corn beef hash. I really shouldn’t have said that because Logan goes into a long lecture about how important school is and that I should take it seriously. “Logan, I’m not listening so you should just shut up now,” I advise him. He promptly stops.

            “What do we have together?” Carlos says sitting down next to Logan as Draco sits down on my right.

            “You know, I don’t know because Logan won’t give me my schedule,” I say snatching it from him and looking down the list, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, Potions, Herbology, Astronomy, History of Magic, Care of Magical Creatures, and Muggle Studies.

            “Why do you take muggle studies, again?” Draco asks leaning over the table reading my schedule, “Your mom’s a muggle!”

            “Yeah that’s the point, easy A, like home ec.”

            “Like what?” Draco asks puzzled.

            “Nevermind,” I say remembering he’s pureblood.

            “Hi,” a small feminine voice says to my left. I look over to see Katie, the pretty little first year, sitting next to me.

            “Hey,” I say smiling down at her. She looks down at her schedule seeming confused and I blurt out, “I can help you find your classes if you need it,” before I can think about it, why’d I say that?

            “Really?” she asks looking up at me hopefully.

            “Yeah, this place is huge, you can get lost super quick.” Looking more reassured Katie grabs a bagel and starts to eat.

            A few minutes later the owl post swoops in and my black owl Hydra swoops down in front of me making Katie jump. I grab the daily profit from him, say, “I don’t read,” and begin to toss it behind my back.

            “Wait, could I see that?” Katie asks reaching for the paper.

            “Oh, sure,” I say handing it over. She thanks me and takes one look at it, her brown eyes widening, then bolts out of the hall, paper still in hand, before I can ask what made her freak out.

            “What do you think’s up with her?” I ask Logan, Carlos, and Draco.

            “Why do you care?” Draco asks accusingly.

            “No reason, just wondering, so uh, are you guys trying out for Quidditch?”  I ask them in a hurried attempt to avoid the question.

            “Duh!” they all answer at once. The bell rings signaling for us to head to class. Carlos jumps out of his seat, grabs Logan’s schedule and runs out of the hall.

            “I need that to get to class!” Logan yells sounding panicked.

“Good luck with that!” Carlos shouts back, making Draco and I laugh as we leave for our first class.

*

“I made it through the first day!” I shout triumphantly as Logan and I walk towards the Quidditch pitch, my Nimbus 2001 in hand. Yeah, my sister has a Firebolt but I prefer the sleek black look of my broom when I’m flying.

We arrive and I notice Cho Chang. “If she makes the team this year our team will be worse than Hufflepuff,” I say in a low voice to Logan.

He gives a small laugh and says, “Yeah like really, she’s always crying, get over it, and she’s not even pretty, I don’t see why Harry liked her last year.” We laugh to ourselves until the Quidditch captain, our keeper; starts talking about what it means to be on a team, and how the trial will work, and blah, blah, blah. I’ve done this for a couple years now, I know how it works. Finally we’re allowed to actually try out and I do great sending the bludgers through the goal posts securing a spot as a beater. Logan does well too until he goes to score at the same time I hit a bludger heaving it toward him giving him a black eye. Luckily he still makes the team as a chaser, sadly Cho’s seeker again. Cho’s about to get off her broom when I shove her head first into the mud and run away, I think she gets the point that I’m not a fan.

            Aren’t I awesome?