Chapter 7 Katelyn's P.O.V.

Hey everyone out there, it’s Katelyn, don’t worry I’m not going to say something like “Lexi Kyle and I have no clue where this story’s going and we don’t know what to write so we’re stopping.” If Lexi and Kyle decided to stop I’d take it up on my own if necessary but don’t worry none of us want to stop. What I wanted to say is please, please review!!! We want to know what we’re doing wrong so we can grow as writers. Positive comments are appreciated just as much and we like to know our story’s good but what we really want to know is what we can improve upon, if you can think of some things to help us make the story better guys please don’t hesitate to tell us. If you really want to show us you like the story please favorite and fallow our story, thanks so much!!!!!! :)

Chapter 7

Katelyn’s p.o.v.

Lexi and I barely pull on our robes when we hop off the train and catch the very last carriage up to the school. “Whoa, just made it,” my best friend says as she pushes her wavy blonde hair behind her ears.

“And a good thing too because I don’t think I’d be getting up to the school before they lock the doors at night otherwise, remember I don’t run, I model walk,” I say making a ridiculous pose.

She laughs and says, “Don’t worry I’d run up there and get someone to come get you,” causing me to laugh. I almost respond when I see Lexi’s greenish blue eyes widen and turn to see what’s making her freak out. The sight consists of a carriage full of the BTR guys, Draco and my brother. Kyle looks very hostile while Kendall talks to him, which he should be, Kendall’s a jerk. The carriage passes and I wait a second to look back at Lexi unsure how she reacted to the sight of her very recent not exactly official ex. I finally turn to catch her crying which is totally acceptable I’ve cried over far stupider things tonight. I get as close as physically possible and wrap my arms tight around her allowing her to cry on my shoulder. “I’m sorry, I’m being way over dramatic,” she says wiping her tears off on her sleeve.

“Are you crazy?” I ask wiping her tears with my own sleeve, “That’s a totally valid reason to cry, if anyone I was being overly dramatic. I mean come on I cried because I didn’t realize I was subconsciously changing my appearance and James and Harry laughed at me but in their defense it must have looked hilarious. Now that’s a stupid reason to spill tears.”

I get a small giggle out of her that sounds a bit like a sob and she says, “But what do I do?”

“Well,” I say taking out my wand and doing a summoning charm to get some concealer and tissues, “the first thing I would do is pretend I don’t care he cheated on me.” I wipe the remaining tears with tissues and dab concealer around her eyes so they don’t look puffy or get dark circles giving no indication she shed a tear. “Act like you don’t care he dated some first year and flirt with another guy, maybe even date him. Then Kendall will realize he totally messed up.”

The carriage stops and as we get out walking to the entrance hall she asks, “Do you think that will work?” looking scared and unsure.

“Of course, one hundred percent,” I assure her but on the inside not quite so sure, truthfully the only boys I’ve ever really liked are James and Harry and well… you can see how that’s going, basically I have no experience, all of what I told her is what I’ve read in romance novels.

Feeling slightly guilty I walk to Hufflepuff house table leaving Lexi to walk to Gryffindor. Yes, yes I know, you think I’m a loser because I’m in Hufflepuff but I could easily have been in any of the three other houses. I’m smart enough for Ravenclaw (with twelve outstanding O.W.L.s you can’t fight that) brave enough for Gryffindor (you have to be brave to rock hair like this) and ambitious enough for Slytherin (I’m working on getting the BTR guys’ producer to give me a record deal). Even though I could be in any house I told the sorting hat I preferred Hufflepuff, the house where the kind hearted, hardworking and persistent go, we’re not a bunch of loser leftovers as everyone seems to think.

I take a seat next to Carlos as the sorting ceremony starts and instantly find Kendall’s new mistress; she looks just like the rest of the first years scared and anxious, very pretty for an eleven year old too. “Knight, Katie,” McGonagall reads from the list as Kendall’s new love interest takes a seat on the stool, the sorting hat slipping down her brown hair almost covering her eyes. Knight, Knight, where have I heard that last name before? I guess it’s pretty common but still it rings a bell. I look over to Lexi, she has her head bent down not watching Katie looking as though she’s trying to tune out what’s going on, my guess is she didn’t even hear the girl’s name. The hat takes a while to decide and finally shouts, “RAVENCLAW!” Katie gets up, slowly proceeds to the Ravenclaw table and takes the seat next to my brother causing me to think, “You better not go after him too, he has a girlfriend. How many people’s relationships do you plan on ruining?” I instantly feel bad, Katie might not have known Kendall had a girlfriend; maybe he made the first move. Still that doesn’t sound like something Kendall would do he’s always been one of those guys who takes a relationship seriously, dating one girl and not considering another until he’s been broken up with the last for a couple of months.

As I start to eat dinner I look over at the Gryffindor table wondering how awkward it is between my best friend and her ex. Lexi sits next to Ron on her right Ginny on her left and across from Hermione and Harry talking to the four of them with a smile plastered on her face looking as though she’s having the time of her life and laughing at everything Ron says. Kendall who’s next to Harry keeps opening his mouth to most likely make up some apology story but every time he tries Lexi talks or laughs extra loud blocking him out. Well played, a little over done but none the less ingenious. I also notice Hermione keeps looking over at the Ravenclaw table with a superior expression, that’s something I never liked about her, she’s a know it all, I’m just as smart if not smarter than her but I don’t brag. Following her gaze I see my brother (they must be having a relationship issue right now) who’s talking to Katie probably telling her about Hogwarts. Across from Kyle is Logan who looks extremely uncomfortable as Luna Lovegood engages him in conversation, most likely about some magical creature only she believes exists. I totally know how Logan feels, Luna’s a very nice girl but she’s very odd. I also don’t like when she looks at me, her eyes are so big and bright I feel like she can see into my thoughts or something, it creeps me out a bit.

I look to the last table to see Draco and- wait where’s James?

“Hey Katelyn.” I jump in my seat. James laughs and continues, “caught you off guard didn’t I?”

“Yes,” I say punching him in the arm trying to look mad but I can’t help but smile when I see him, “You’re going to get detention.”

“Who says, is there really a rule that we can’t sit at other house tables? But even if there is it’s worth the risk,” he adds giving me a flirty half smile. I feel myself blushing furiously and quickly force it to stop (these are the times when it’s good to be a metamorphmagus). He’s always flirting with me, just small simple things but instead of giving me hope it kind of scares me. I’ve seen him flirt with plenty of girls and it makes me wonder, if we got together would it be exclusive or would he cheat on me? I’d like to think we’ve been friends so long it would be like one of those cliché best friends since they were little kids who end up together plot lines in a movie but in reality would it be like that? Probably not yet I can’t help but hope he’ll ask me out even though I’m also afraid he will. I know, it doesn’t make much sense but I just don’t know if we got into a relationship if he’d stay faithful to me. Of course I never thought Kendall would be a player so who knows, boys are so unpredictable.

“Do it again!” Carlos yells to me.

“Do what?”

“The thing you did on the train, change your hair and eyes and stuff!” he yells again sounding excited, “Come on you never do it, please!”

I sigh and say, “Okay,” changing my hair blonde and wavy then brown with tight curls then black with loose curls. I change my eyes different shades of blue, green, brown, and grey. After a few minutes Carlos tells me to do more ridiculous colors and I happily agree realizing this is kind of fun. I make my hair blue and then green then change my eyes from pink to purple, orange to red. More people watch and start to suggest things for me to do.

“What do you think James?” Carlos asks.

James gives me a smile, says, “I like her how she always is,” and I turn back to normal allowing him to take me in “as I always am”.

Again thank you for reading!!! If you want to help us improve please review and if you like it favorite and fallow!!! Thanks so much!!!!! <3 Katelyn :)