Chapter 1: The Bipolar Prisoner

If we stand for nothing, we’ll fall for anything ~ Heroes (All Time Low)

People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That’s how they define ‘reality’. But what does it mean to be ‘correct’ or ‘true’? Merely vague concepts….their ‘reality’ may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs? ~ Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

We are humans, not fish. We don’t know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are. That’s what death is, don’t you think? ~ Itachi Uchiha (Naruto)

Even a foolish child can grow up in a right way, when he learns what pain is. Knowing pain controls ones thoughts and decisions. ~ Nagato Uzumaki (Naruto)

If you don’t share someone’s pain, you can never understand them. But just because you understand them doesn’t mean you can come to an agreement. That’s the truth. ~ Nagato Uzumaki (Naruto)

Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things.  As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this ‘heart’? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there? ~ Ulquiorra Schiffer (Bleach)

Sanity? Worthless things like that, I never had them for as long as I can remember! ~ Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)

Never admit defeat and ask for a quick death! Die first, then admit defeat! If you are defeated but didn’t die, it just means you were lucky! At those times, think only about survival! Survive and think only about killing the one who failed to kill you! ~ Kenpachi Zaraki (Bleach)

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Shiro

Chapter One

The Bipolar Prisoner

“Demons, demons~, we’re all surrounded by demons~!” The guard walking down the dim hallway sighed, used to the silky, slightly off-key singing of the most bipolar prisoner in the entire compound.

“If I look you in the eye, what will you see~? Just a broken expression, one of hate and depression~” The guard rolled his eyes, tapping on the door and looking through the barred, four inch by four inch space that allowed him to see the girl.

She was no older than fourteen and looked like a girl you’d see out with her friends at the mall, laughing and texting happily. But no, that was not what this girl was like. The guard had heard the stories about what landed her in here at the age of ten.

Even if this was one of the most highly guarded prisons in the United States, every inmate feared this small girl. Because, when she was ten, she had slaughtered her entire elementary school, all one thousand, five hundred and forty-four lives that were in that building on that faithful day had been extinguished.

Despite numerous therapy sessions, no one has been able to get the reason as to why the girl had killed them. All they get in response is a blank expression which is then morphed into a tired smile. The girl would reply, “Gin took control.” But they still have never figured out who ‘Gin’ was.

But, they’ve been getting ideas.

The girl – Shiro, as people referred to her as – had violent spells. Her usually calm and intellectual demeanor would fade away and was replaced with a violent, bloodthirsty crazy being with the habit of insulting everything within sight and giving the most sarcastic answers possible.