Chapter 3: A Strange World

Shiro

Chapter Three

A Strange World

As we walked I kept sneaking glances at Gin, finding myself amazed that he was here in reality. Then again, reality isn’t a definite thing, it’s just simply how we perceive the things happening to our conscious forms.

“Stop fucking staring at me, bitch.” Gin grumbled, moving aside a tree branch. I ducked under it as he released it, aiming to smack me in the face.

“I just find it shocking to see you have an actual body outside of my internal world.” I explained, itching to touch him again – just to be certain.

He scowled over his shoulder at me, his one visible eye narrowing. “You think I ain’t fucking shocked as well? I never thought I’d get out of your damned head.”

“Such kind words.” I mumbled, eyes lazily glancing over him. His eye twitched and he started grumbling insults under his breath. Meanwhile I had started to look around in interest, wondering whether or not we’d be coming along a town soon.

When the faint murmur of bustling people reached my ears I reached out my hand, tugging on Gin’s elbow to make him stop. He turned to me with a glare, his mouth snapping shut in his rant.

“What the fuck do you—”

“We’re near a town.” He raised an eyebrow, falling silent. When he did the sounds of people going about their daily lives drifted into our ears and we glanced at each other. He nodded, stepping back as I strode past him, going to an oak tree behind him.

Looking up into the branches I put my hands on my hips, studying them with narrowed eyes. After planning out the route I’d take I hauled myself up onto the first branch, climbing higher and higher with each passing second.

At the compound it was required we had daily exercise outside of our free time every twelve hours. So, we were brought into a gym and given instructions to climb, lift weights, play sports, etc. I was always better with climbing the rock-climbing wall along with the military-style obstacle course. I was also good at sprinting and am able to run for a full three miles while barely breaking a sweat.

When I got at least fifty feet up into the tree I peeked out through the branches, eyes scowering for the location of the sounds. About a hundred yards away there was small town, smoke rising from the fireplaces.

With a nod I headed down the tree, landed in front of Gin in a crouch. He glanced over at me with a scowl and I nodded, standing up. “About a hundred yards that way there’s a town.” I hooked my thumb over my shoulder and he nodded, walking past me. I rolled my eyes but followed his lead nonetheless, ears still perked at the sound of animals.

~

“What the fuck’s up with these people? It’s like we’re in the fucking fourteen hundreds or some shit.” Gin grumbled, walking into the town with his hands stuffed into his pockets and the hood covering his hair which in turn shaded his eyes.

My hood was also up and my hands were stuffed into my pant pockets, a lazy manner apparent in my step. “Quit your bitching. Just be glad we’re not in the compound. Which you caused in the first place.”

His eyes flashed over to me and he sneered. “Fuck you, bitch.”

“Aw, shut up already.” I mumbled, reaching one hand up to rub at my ear with my pinkie.

An irk mark appeared on his head and I stared at it for a moment before lazily shifting my gaze to the stores we were walking by. People were staring at us left and right for some reason and if I had to guess, it’d be the way we looked.

Compared to them, anyway.

They all had worn-looking clothes and ours looked pristine, not even a spot on them despite us having woken up on the ground.

“If these fuckers don’t stop looking at me, I’m going to—”

“Shut up.” I sighed, looking around for anyone that could quite possibly tell us where the hell we are.

“No! I won’t! We don’t know where the fuck we are and I don’t need these bitches staring at we’re some damn freaks!”

“Bro, we’re albino and our eyes are weird. Of course they’re going to stare at us.” I deadpanned, causing an irk mark to appear on his head once again.

“Stop fucking acting all calm about this!!” He growled, his eye twitching while he just dragged more attention our way.

“Well, you’ve got the freaking out part covered for the both of us, no?” I replied, leaning on the balls of my feet and fixing him with an even stare.

“You bitch! I should just fucking kill you and get the headache you cause out of the way!”

“If you did that, you’d be more screwed then you are now. Considering you barely have a thought process and everything.”

His eye started twitching rapidly and an amused – albeit lazy – smirk formed on my lips. Finally he let out a scream of rage and launched himself at me. I scowled, dodging to the side and placed my foot on his back before he could pass, causing him to slam into the ground.

“Fucking hell! What the fuck you bitch?!” He growled, spitting out some dirt.

“You’ve caused more of a scene than we had before, you idiot.” I sighed, glancing around at the slightly frightened crowd. I ducked my head suddenly, causing his fist to skim over the top of my hood.

“Stop dodging, dammit!” He grumbled, aiming a roundhouse kick for my side. My eyes slid over to it, my hand going out and grabbing it as I lifted my body, flipping over it. I landed on the other side of his kick, reaching up and wrapping an arm around his neck as his back was turned to me.

“Stop this before I end up knocking you out. You’re a hotheaded moron.” I grumbled, causing his eye to twitch and a growl to rumble up in his chest.

Finally he sighed and shook me off, turning to glare down at me. “When the hell did you learn those moves?”

“I’d thought you’d remember all the fighting lessons the other prisoners gave me during free time.” I stared up at him with a raised eyebrow and he scoffed.

“Pft. As if. I was sleeping during all those times.”

I sighed, shaking my head before glancing over to someone when they walked towards us. It was an old man around seventy – if his appearance said anything, anyway – with no hair on his head while a beard going down to his chest. He looked slightly muscled and just wore a thin shirt and some raggedy pants. There were dust and grease stains covering his clothing and he gave us a friendly smile – despite whatever we looked like.

“You two seem to be lost, correct?”

Gin and I exchanged a look before nodding simultaneously.

“Follow me. I’ll make some tea.” He turned and headed into a shop right next to where Gin and I had been having our brawl. I glanced up at the sign, reading Blacksmith before heading into the building, memories of my dad slaving away as he made swords in his old shop flashing into my head.

~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~

Authors Note

o.o hm….I don’t know where that fight came from. Oh well. What’s done is done. Sorry this chapter took so long, my laptop’s having difficulties -.-‘’

Anyway, until next time, peace!

~Mew

P.S. I’ll be posting a pic of Shiro I drew whenever I can xP

P.S.S. I’m working on a Red X Green fanfic from Pokémon! Expect that soon enough. I got like three chaps done xP