My #11 (Kirby x Reader)

"KIRBY!" I screeched my best friend's (and massive crush) name, ignoring the fact I was literally right behind him.

He swiftly turned around in fright and positioned into his fighting stance. After a somewhat long dramatic laugh, I waved at him kindly.

"Fucks sake (Y/N), you're lucky I held back my poundcake!" he sighed in relief, placing his hand on his chest.

I apologetically hugged him and we both took a seat on the gym bleachers to chat.

"So uh, you're uhm, still going to the football game tonight, right? Right?" Kirby pleaded anxiously, plastering a pure half-grin on his face.

"Of course Kirb! You asked that for like the third time already. You already know I love going to every one of your games! I love supporting you." I reassuringly said.

"Thanks. I just want to make sure, that's all. I have something important to do after the game and it involves you."

"What is it?" I raised an eyebrow and shot a baffled look.

"I can't really say, you'll see. I just hope everything will go perfe-"

Our conversation cut shortly from Damon.

"Yo, Kirb! We gotta prepare soon!"

"Yep, coming! I'll see you tonight, okay?"

We waved our goodbyes and Kirby maniacally darted down to the boy's locker room, providing a whiff of his cologne to fly past my face.

——————————————————————

Gazing in my mirror, I admired Kirby's letterman jacket. It definitely looked better on me than him, sorry Kirb, but I'm totally keeping this.

Looking at myself one last time, I bolted out the girl's dorm and headed to the football field.

Scanning the bleachers, I spotted Jimmy and Petey next to a saved empty seat. I thanked both of them and went on to enjoy the game.

—————————————————————

Cheers and applause enlarged as the scoreboard displayed Bullworth Academy in the lead. Despite every player's important work on the field, I focused almost always on Kirby.

"Come on Kirb. You got this, my #11." I thought to myself, praising him as much as possible.

20 seconds left

"LET'S GO!"

"COME ON BULLS!"

"GO FOR THE WIN!"

The overhyped audience, including myself, were nervously excited, highly locked on the near end of the game.

7 seconds left

The ball was lastly passed to Kirby, who successfully dodged many bloodthirsty opponents, and now, straight towards the goal.

The whole crowd is up and thrilled, encouraging the small jock amd cheering for our confident soon-to-be victory.

3 seconds left

Kirby triumphly leaped over the last 2 opponents, who collided against each other, and thus resulted in a winning game.

TOUCHDOWN!

The crowd joyfully grew wild, applauding and screeching of once again, another Bullworth Academy win.

"THAT'S MY KIRBY!! WOOOOO! I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT!" I shouted as best as I could, nearly ripping my voice. I'm so proud of him.

Viewing the football field, Kirby was held up in glee by his team, while the losers were heads down in despair.

Once he was back on the ground, I basically sprinted down the bleacher steps and toward the field to physically show my happiness for him.

As sweaty as he was, he gestured me with his arms wide open and I gladly hopped into his heated body, holding him tight.

"Congrats love, you did so great out there!" I proudly addressed.

"It was all for you, (Y/N). Thank you for watching me."

I beamed a genuine smile in return. Before I turned around to head back, Kirby grabbed my shoulder.

"Stay here real quick... Guys! It's time!" Kirby ordered to his team.

"Why? What's going on Kirb?" I questioned, but he ignored.

All his teammates rushed to the nearest bench which sat an opened cardboard box.

"W-what is it?"

... Soon after, each of them carried a beautiful red rose! In addition, Ted supplied Kirby with a rolled-up poster.

I was in shock, I was sure I knew what was going to happen, and my heart exceeded at every second.

"Oh my god.." I gasped softly.

The team formed a line with Kirby way at the back. The crowd was in awe, just like me.

They respectably handed me a rose one by one and the line began to cease, leaving only Kirby left.

He intensely grinned as he unveiled the uniquely decorated poster. I managed to maintain my composure, little did he know I was internally screaming in joy inside.

" You always cheered for me at my football games...
So I'll go an EXTRA YARD
If I could SCORE a date to prom with you! "

Its blue and gold sparkled decor majestically twinkled against the field headlights. He definitely spent a fair amount of time working on it, as it was nicely well-made.

"Aw... Kirby!..." I cupped my mouth, embracing the effort he put into everything.

I nodded excitedly and jumped straight into his arms once again, causing him to cautiously drop the poster. Although, I grasped my bouquet of roses tightly, making sure it'll keep safe. The large Bullworth crowd absolutely loved us, his team wooed profoundely.

Deciding to take a further route, I kissed him passionately for the first time. He stumbled at the sudden act but willingly kissed me back. I wish I would've done that sooner, it felt wonderful.

Kirby gently pulled away and placed me down.

"I like you so much, (Y/N). You make me happy." He expressed merrily. My cheeks flushed, relieved that he felt the same.

"I feel the same way Kirb. You're honestly the best."

What an amazing way to end the night. A win for the Bulls, a beautiful promposal, and a perfect boy to be with.

(P.S. he'll definitely pound my cakes from now on)

(A/N)
Btw, I seriously can't interpret how football works so I tried my best to make it make sense haha, I know Ted's the QB but I focused on Kirby since this xReader is solely about him.

Also, Idk how football promposals or promposals in general go so I wrote how it would be like in my mind. Sorry if this story seems messy! But I hope you enjoyed.