Chapter Three: The Party

Chapter Three The Party

(Tammy's power of voice)

I didn't really want to go to this party, but Jackson said that it was just going to be a few friends from our class getting together for the last time before we went our separate ways in life. This was going to be my first party. I had been so busy working or studying in college I didn't have time for them. I didn't like the idea of going to them anyway. I had heard from some of my class mates that College parties were wild. Jackson seemed a little different tonight. I couldn't tell what he was up to, but I told myself everything was going to be all right.

When Jackson and I got there I couldn't believe some of the things going on. There were more than a few class mates there; it looked like the whole class was there! There was loud music and drinking and couples making out. I don't go for that kind of thing. I am not a person who wants to be making out until the ring is on the finger. I haven't even kissed Jackson and he's my boyfriend.

You may find that weird but I am saving that first kiss for my husband to be at the altar. I want to know what it is like to kiss someone for the first time on my wedding day. I just find that a romantic idea.

Jackson came up behind me with a couple of drinks in his hands. He asked me if I wanted one. When I told him no thank you I don't drink he acted like it was the worst thing in the world. He became like a totally different person, someone I didn't know. He asked me and I quote "What's the matter with you? Are you scared or are you just chicken?" I was shocked. He never talked to me this way before. He has always been nice and polite and very sweet. He knew how I felt about drinking. I told him; "Too much alcohol will make you do things that you will regret later on in life. The craziness going on around us is proof of that. If I don't drink it will keep me out of trouble and I won't have any unnecessary problems in the future. I don't care for the taste anyway."

I told him; "if you don't quit trying to make me drink I won't see you anymore!" I wanted to give him a chance. After all I loved him. I think it was just being around his friend that was making him act that way. He thought he had to play mister cool. I just had my own set of morals, and wanted to stick to them. I don't want to be pushed into anything I am not ready to take part in.

He backed off and told me; "Go home then! You're not any fun to be with anyway!" That really hurt. After all I really did loved him. We had been together for a year and a half. I called a cab and went home. What started out as a wonderful day had ended in a sad night.

What an ending to my graduation day.

******************************************************

Authors Note: Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. I like to know what my readers think of the stories I write. Sorry the chapter is short. It's getting late and need to shut down.

Joe Jonas as Jackson Bradford

I give credit to who took the picture.