Chapter Two : At Tammy's Graduation

Chapter Two: At Tammy's Graduation

I was so glad to be able to go to Tammy's graduation with her family. I was proud of her in my own way. None of them knew that I liked her more than as a brother. She is Ten years younger than me. That's why I never said anything. I wanted to give her time to be on her own. She is just perfect. She worked so hard to put herself through school and made it. That was no easy task, especially since she was so far from home. I can think of no one else I could like better. The only thing between us is her boyfriend Jackson Bradford. They met while she was in college.

(Thinking Back)

When I found out that Tammy had a boyfriend it made me so sick. I guess he is an okay guy. I don't really know because I haven't met him but she did choose him and I trust her judgment. I just don't like the thought of him dating my girl. I think of Tammy as my girl in my mind. I just don't know how to show or tell her my feelings. I have only dated once before and that relationship didn't end well. So I am a little nervous about sharing my feelings with anyone, not even with her dad. I am afraid I will get hurt again. I really like her and don't want to ruin our friendship. I think by telling her my true feelings she will hate me or get scared and push me away and not talk to me anymore. I wouldn't be able to handle that. I would rather have her in my life as a friend than not at all so I hide how I feel for her in my heart.

Keith and Melody finally told Tammy our idea, that we needed her to come and work for us. They told her that by moving here I lost my secretary. She is married to a great guy whose job couldn't transfer him out to North Carolina and she has a couple of kids in school and didn't really like the idea of changing schools on them. Her mother also told her that she was getting worn out because she has had to do all the secretarial work since we got here plus she has been decorating the offices. It has been a lot of work on her. She agreed. So when Tammy comes to work for me I will at least be able to enjoy her company there. 

At The Graduation Ceremony

It was finally time for us to get our seats, soon the ceremony would begin. It was not long and all the students filed in to take their seats. I scanned the students but couldn't pick her out from where we were sitting. I knew she had to be in the front row because she was to give one of the many speeches the students were giving. It wasn't long before I heard her name called. Tammy stepped up to give her speech.

While Tammy made her speech all I could do was stare at her and think of how pretty she looked. Her voice was soft and made me warm inside. I just couldn't take my eyes off of her. I was so proud of her.

After the students completed their speeches the diplomas were handed out. It took over three hours for the program to finish. When it was over we went to look for Tammy. We found her with her friends and Jackson was there of course. We congratulated them all and then went out to eat. We went to a nice sea food restaurant. We all love lobster and only go there for special events. We had a very nice time. I was feeling a little jealous because Tammy's boyfriend was there but that is to be expected. It would have been nice to have her there to ourselves. I would have liked to talk to her a little. I couldn't get a word in edgewise. All she did was talk to "her" Jackson, and occasionally her parents. I would try to say something and Jackson would cut me off. He is so rude, or maybe he knows how I feel for her and is just being protective and doesn't want her to have anything to do with me, perhaps because he felt threatened? I don't know. Outside of that we all had a good time.

After we were finished eating we all went home except Tammy and Jackson that is. They were going to a party thrown for their graduation class. I didn't like the idea of them going to this party. You never know what will happen at a party thrown by college students.

********************************************************

Don't forget to vote or comment.
Happy reading to you all. Thanks for your support and time to read my story.