FIVE

I sat on my bed and argued with myself on whether I should call him or not.

I sighed and dialed his number on the brand new phone.

I put it to my ear. Anxiously waiting on his to pick up.

It rang 3 times before he answered.

"Hello" My stepdad said sounding tired

"H- Hello" I stuttered getting nervous.

"Kyra.?" He asked

"Bring your ass home!! YOUR ASS GOT ME LOSING MONEY. I'M ABOUT TO GET PUT OUT MY HOUSE AND YOUR ASS OUT HERE WITH A DAMN 21 YEAR OLD FUCKIN HIM..YOUR ASS ONLY 16 AND I BET HE AINT PAYING YOU SHI-" He yelled into the phone before I hung up.

I let a tear slip down my face. I don't know why I expected him to care about me. I always let myself down.

I quickly wiped it once I realized what he said shouldn't hurt me. I was used to this. He called back but I let the phone ring before blocking his number.

I sighed and got up from bed, I grabbed my phone and left the room. I walked downstairs and opened the front door. It was beautiful outside and I wanted to take a walk.

This is big ass neighborhood so I should have alot of time to think.

Once I was about halfway down the street I saw Nates car pull up Beside me.

he stopped and let his window down.

'C'mon" He said in his deep voice. So demanding.

I walk to the passenger side, opened the door and saw a backpack

"What's this?" I ask him moving it to the back seat.

"You going to school. I don't want you missing out on your education youngin" He said smiling

Good thing I showered and threw on some decent clothes before I left. I let down the mirror and attempted to fix my ponytail. I pulled my sideburns out and attempted to create a messy look. It wasn't the best but it was something.

.

.

.

.

We pulled up to the high school in his charger. Of course all eyes were on us because every one knew who Nate was. Great

I sighed before grabbing the backpack from the back.

"What time school end?" He asked looking at me as I opened the door getting ready to get out.

"2:50" I said..

He nodded.

"Alright. You need lunch money or something?"

I shook my head no and shut his car door. I rushed into the building since everybody was still staring.

.

.

.

I sat alone since I never really had friends.

I looked at the sandwich on the plate and gagged. I opened the bag of tortilla chips and began eating them. Today was honestly a good day. I needed to be in school doing something g productive.

Once I was done with my chips, I threw my plate away in the nearest trash can and made my way to the library.

As soon as i stepped in the library my phone vibrated..

I looked down to see that it was a private number . My heart began to race but I picked it up anyways knowing it was my stepdad.

"Hello" I said in A shakey voice

"Kyra....." He said

It sounded like he was crying.

"Kyra I need you I need help" He said in the same voice except this time he was whispering

"GET OFF THAT DAMN PHONE" A deep male voice yelled at him.

The phone hung up.

What the hell?

I found the nearest exit and ran to my old home.

.

.

.

.

.

Goal

7 comment s

7votes

Leave feedback

Sorry for any mistakes

.

Love you guys.