Part 16 - Patton

"What the hell?!" Roman shouted as we all hopelessly watched Virgil get pulled backwards into the wall by an unknown force. He phased through the wall, leaving Logan, Roman, and me to stare at the wall where our friend just was.

"Where did he go?" Logan said with a confused glint in his voice. He shuffled closer to the wall and touched it, trying to feel for something that wasn't there. Roman stood up and started to pace around the room. I hugged my knees. What was happening? I knew Virgil was hiding something. Maybe if I pushed a little harder or something, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Maybe this is my fault?

Logan turned around and saw my discomfort at the situation. Logan sat close to me and our hands came together as I put my head on his shoulder, slowly calming down.

"You heard what he said, right? Virgil made a deal with Deceit!" Roman shouted. "Why on earth would he do that!"

"He must've had a good reason." I said quietly. "Virgil isn't the type of person to do something unless he needs too."

"My question is, why does Deceit want Virgil's aura?" Logan pondered while flipping through the, Anxiety titled book again.

"Logan, I thought you said you were getting rid of those books," I said. Roman looked at Logan and Logan simply blushed and shut the book. He looked at me with heavy eyes and sighed.

"I...was going to get rid of our books but, you just never know! What if Virgil corrupted one of us or something. I could figure out how to fix you and-"

"How DARE you even think that he would do such a thing when he isn't even around to defend himself!" Roman spat back at Logan. Logan looked like he was ready to fight back but I put my hand on his chest to try to stop him. He looked at me and took a pause.

"You're right." Logan straightened his tie. "I'm sorry, Roman. That was uncalled for."

"I'm not the one you need to apologize to." Roman crossed his arms in a huff. Logan's whole body wilted a little. I was still slightly angry at him for making that comment but I could tell, he was speaking from his head, not his heart. I kissed him on the cheek which made him hold my hand tighter.

Logan pushes himself off the ground at then helped me to my feet. Logan adjusted his glasses and sighed, "We can't let our disagreements hinder us finding Virgil."

"Agreed" Roman said. He uncrossed his arms and walked over to us. " Virgil is our number one priority." I nodded and smiled. I'm glad Logan and Roman could put their argument aside for the greater good of our friend.

Then, we heard an evil laugh.

From behind us, sitting with one leg crossed on Virgil's bed, Deceit laughed. "I must say, I'm a little sad Virgil didn't get to see that wonderful act of heroism in his honor, Roman. He'd be quite proud." Deceit spat.

"What did you do to him!?" Roman growled while taking a couple steps forward. I quickly grabbed his arm and held him back, shaking my head as he looked back at me. Roman planted his feet again as we all death glared Deceit.

Deceit slowly stood up and faced us, with fists glowing purple. "Oh, don't worry about him right now." Deceit moved his hands upwards until they were pointing directly at us. His fists were glowing brighter with purple as he took aim towards Logan. Before either Roman or I could process, Deceit shot a purple blast of energy into Logan's chest, causing him to crumble to his knees. He groaned loudly, covering his ears with his hands.

"Logan! Logan, can you hear me?" I said, sitting down on both knees, shaking him slightly. Logan looked up at me and I gasped. His eyes were a dark black while he wore eye shadow under his eyes. He was breathing heavily and shaking his head sporadically.

"P-Patton?" He sounded so hurt and confused. I let tears fall from my eyes and could only watch and hold him while he kept his hands over his ears.

Roman turned to face Deceit who was aiming to shoot him too. Roman whipped out his sword to block the attack that never came. Deceit instead lowered his arms and walked playfully over to Roman. He was still in a fighting position, not taking his eyes off the moving snake. Roman took a swing with his sword but missed and I saw Deceit vanish only to reappear behind Roman.

"Can you imagine what Virgil would think about you if you couldn't save him?" Deceit whispered into Roman's ear. "What a 'prince,'" Deceit said in Virgil's voice, mockingly. "Couldn't even save his own crush. How pathetic." Roman dropped his sword and I watched the color practically drain from his body as Roman leaned against the wall, sliding down it and hug his knees.

"Roman, no!" I cried. "Don't listen to him!" Deceit's head whipped around but he smiled when he saw me.

"How could I forget? Little ol' Patton. The fun one. The one who, out of the four of you, lies the most."

"W-What?"

"Oh yes, I know all about that, don't I, Patton? Your emotions, your true feelings. I know them all and I know that you can't hide them much longer."

"Stop," I begged. I covered my ears as I felt my body begin to shake. How was Deceit doing this? I looked back up at Deceit. He was now shooting a purple lightning strike at Roman who was hugging himself tighter in pain. 

With Deceit's other hand, he shot the lightning into Logan and me, causing us to moan in pain as well. I closed my eyes, trying to get a grip on the thoughts in my head. It was becoming hard to focus on all this anxious energy.

Then when I opened my eyes, I was sitting on the floor of my room. Deceit, Roman, and Logan were gone.