chapter 3

Hijikata POV

I sighed, walking with the rest of the animals. I heard a crack so I turned around, seeing Chizuru hiding with branches but..I still saw her. I sighed, rubbing my eyes. "Ohhh. Will never make it at this pace. CHIZURU. IT'S OKAY. YOU CAN LOSE THE CAMOUFLAGE. YOUR SAFE". I yelled.

Chizuru POV

I sighed, hearing Hijikata saying we're safe. i giggled, getting out of my hiding spot with my brothers. "OKAY". I yelled. I sighed, looking down at my brothers. "Safe. Please. Crash. Eddie. You two go scope it out. They were looking around but then started arguing. I growled, glaring at them. "Guys". I hissed. They looked up at me. "Clear". They said. I sighed, walking away with Hijikata. "Boy. I really feel for you. I do. I can't even imagine what would it be like to be the last human on earth". I said. He sighed. "I'm not the last one". He said. I smiled at him. "Oh. You brave brave soul. That's right. Don't give up on hope". I said, punching him a little and walked away. "..Chizuru". He said. I stopped and turned to him. He sighed, walking over to me and looking down, behind him. "Look at our foot prints. They're the same shape". He said. I gave him a weird look. "Well how do I know those aren't your footprints". I asked. He sighed. "Well then look at our shadows. We match". He said. I froze. "..You're right". I whispered. Then I grinned, looking at him. "WERE THE SAME. YOU MUST BE PART WOLF". I said and rubbed his shoulder and walked away. 

Hijikata POV

I sighed. I saw her ass move. I smiled a bit. Her "Brothers" smirked at me. "You wish". They said. I rolled my eyes, walking with them.

(Time skip)

We were walking on ice. I sighed. "DIEGO. THERE ARE WHOLE CONTINENTS MOVING FASTER THEN YOU. LET'S GO. WE HAVE TO CATCH UP WITH THE OTHERS". I yelled and kept walking. Chizuru wolves started running around. I sighed, feeling something underground.I stopped for a moment to feel it but didn't so I just kept walking. But then I heard something again so I stopped, looking around. Then Chizuru wolves ran around. Then out of know where a huge fish came out of the ice behind them and fell back in. I gasped, feeling the ice break. Chizuru screamed, holding on to the ice. Then I saw another fish look at me. I yelled, running off. 

Chizuru POV

I gasped, running with my brothers to safety.

Hijikata POV

I kept running away since I felt that fish following from underground. I stopped when I reached a dead end. I breathed nervously, looking around. Then out of know where it came in the ice. I gasped, moving back, away from it. In the corner of my eye I saw Chizuru look frighten. I growled, grabbing it and throwing it in the water. I glared at it, about to walk away but them glare at me, going back in the water. I sighed, walking to Sid and Diego. "What in the Animal kingdom was that". Sid asked. I sighed. "I don't know but for now on. Land safe. Water. Not safe". Diego said, walking away and went where Chizuru was. She smiled at us. "That was the bravest thing that I ever seen". She said. I grinned, rubbing my neck. "Well.it was nothing. Really". I said. She giggled. "Oh. It's not a compliment. To a wolf, bravery is just dumb". She said, walking away. "Ya. We're spineless. Lady liver". The wolves said, walking away with her. Then she gasped. "Maybe humans are going instinct because they put themselves endangered. more often. Maybe you should run away more". She said and walked away. I faked smiled. "Good point. Thanks for the advise". I said. She held her hand up. "Happy to help". She said. I growled. "Do you believe her. 'Bravery just dumb. maybe you should run away more'. She's infuriating and stubborn and narrow minded". I said. Sid gasped. "Ooo. You like her". He said. I blushed a bit. "I do not". I said and walked away. "Aw. Don't worry. Your secret safe with me". he said. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. 

(Time skip)

I groaned, throwing logs to the side so we can get threw.Sid tried to move a log but only fell down. I sighed, rolling my eyes and kept walking. I looked and saw Chizuru playing with her wolves. She giggled, petting them and running around with them. This made me smile. She would be an excellent mother if she ad any kids. I wished our species weren't extinct so she new who she was. "She's not half bad". Diego said. "Crazy and confused but sweet". He said. "So". I asked, moving the log. "So what's holding you back". Diego asked. I sighed, staring at the ground. "...my family". I whispered, remembering them. I picked it up again and sighed. Sibcame out of the log and grinned. "You can have them again you know". he said. I glared at him. "No Sid. I can't". I said throwing him with the log, making him scream. He walked over to me. "Okay but think about it. I mean if you let this chance go your letting your whole species go and that's just selfish". He said, making me glare at him.

Chizuru POV

I giggled, seeing my brothers run in between a log. I went in between it but..got stuck. I groaned, seeing my brothers run off. "Need help". Hijikata asked. I gasped. "No. Just uh. catching my breath". I said and giggled. He stared at me. "Your stuck". He said. I glared at him. "I am not". I said. "Alright then. Let's go". He said, walking off.I sighed. "I can't...". I said, making him stop and look at me. I sighed. "I'm stuck". I said. He sighed, using his muscles to push the log off me. When he moved the log..it reveal cherry blossoms. I stood up and stared at the trees. It looked so..familiar. I walked in there. "Chizuru". Hijikata asked, following me. I breathed, feeling the tree's. I started hearing giggles and laughs. Then I saw a vision.

I was a little girl, running around what looked like...my family. I was the daughter of the chief. My father picked me up and chuckled, kissing my cheek. I laughed, hugging him back. 

I kept walking, looking around, hijikata behind me. "I..I know this place". I whispered. I then saw a cave far ahead. Then I had another vision.

I was walking threw a snow storm. I looked around, frighten. "Mommy. Daddy. Big brother. Where are you". I said but..I didn't see anything. I just cried, running in the cave and curling up into a ball. Then I heard growls, making me gasp. I looked up, seeing a big female wolf walk over to me. I gasped a bit, moving back but..she smiled at me. "..don't be scared little one". She said. I breathed, nervously. Then two little cubs came and grinned at me. She smiled at me. "..come..you're safer in here". She whispered. I smiled, walking with them inside the cave more.

I gasped, looking at Hijikata shocked. He stared at me, confused. I walked over to him and looked at his hand. I held it up, putting my hand against it..seeing it the same. I stared at it. I looked at him and smiled. "..I'm human". I whispered, making him smile.