Chapter 7

When John regained his consciousness, the first thing he felt was a sharp, throbbing pain. The doctor took in a shaky breath and looked around to see if anyone was there before his hazy brain registered that he was consumed by darkness once again. With a shiver, John remembered how that guy with the mask tortured him. His leg hurt so badly. John needed some light to see how bad the injury was. Probably pretty bad since he passed out from the pain but that didn't mean that it was a severe wound. At least that was what John hoped as he tried not to panic once again.

They needed him alive. They needed him as leverage.

Sherlock.

John didn't know for how long he had passed out. Perhaps by now Sherlock had seen the video. John felt sick from the thought alone. He didn't want Sherlock to see the video. The poor doctor could only guess how Sherlock had reacted to it.

Would Sherlock blame himself? It wasn't Sherlock's fault but they had abducted him because they wanted something from Sherlock so it was possible that the consulting detective would blame himself. Was Sherlock furious that some people managed to snatch John away from him?

The good doctor didn't want Sherlock to blame himself. Right now he wanted nothing more that to sit in their flat and watch some stupid television with Sherlock. Drink a nice cup of tea and watch with amusement when Sherlock would yell at the telly.

Sherlock.

A small smile played around John's lips at that thought but it was quickly replaced with a painful expression as anguish took over his senses again. John groaned in agony and winced as the light was suddenly switched on.

"Good, you're awake. I was starting to worry that he overdid it" a dark voice said and John could make out the guy who had filmed the whole thing as his eyes slowly adjusted to the brightness.

"He certainly overdid it" John chocked out angrily between gritted teeth as he looked down at his leg. His jeans were partly drenched in blood.

"How long was I out?"

"Only a few hours" Footsteps approached him and John looked up. The masked guy carried a first aid kit with him.

"I brought a first aid kit. Can you take care of these wounds yourself or..." the guy trailed off, not finishing the sentence but his voice grew insecure. It was fairly obvious that he wasn't agog to stitch John up. The poor doctor would have smiled over that if his bloody leg wouldn't have hurt that much. That guy didn't seem that bad and John was glad that he was to one who came. He sure as hell didn't want the other one come near him again.

"Are there any painkillers in there?" John asked hopefully.

"No, but I brought some with me"

"Then I think I'll be able to stitch the wound up myself. But you'll have to take care of the one on my shoulder"

"O-okay" John was sure that the guy had grown pretty pale although he couldn't be sure with the mask he was wearing. How much did they pay the guy for that?

He gave the guy instructions while he stitched up the wound on his arm with shaky hands. The painkillers were helpful but they weren't strong enough to wipe out the pain completely. Nevertheless, John was thankful that his abductor had brought them.

Hopefully Sherlock would come for him soon, John thought as he took care of the wound on his leg.  The stitches weren't perfect but they would do for now, at least until Sherlock would find him. He had to apologies to Sherlock for yelling at him and he had said some pretty mean things as well. He had deliberately tried to hurt Sherlock back then. John couldn't die here before he had apologized for that and told Sherlock how grateful he was for being able to be by his side.