Chapter 5

Darkness surrounded John when he woke up from his unconsciousness. For a moment panic and fear threatened to engulf his mind as he tried to move but couldn’t. Then he began to remember what had happened. There had been a car and masked men. He had gotten shot. John’s eyes widened in horror at that memory before he recollected that he had only gotten shot with sedative darts. He struggled, but his hands were tied behind his back to a chair. His legs were tied as well. At least they hadn’t gagged him.

Should he try to call for help? No, if there was a chance that someone could hear him scream than his abductors would’ve gagged him as well. The chair clattered loudly when John floundered, trying to free himself and echoed loudly in the otherwise silent room. Maybe he was in an abandoned warehouse. But there didn’t seem to be any windows. If there were any then there should be at least a small beam of light somewhere. On the other hand John didn’t know how long he had been out. For all he knew it could be in the middle of the night.

John was ripped out of his guessing when someone switched the lights on. Squinting hard at the sudden brightness, John looked up to see a masked figure coming towards him. A quick look around showed John that he was in a huge and empty basement vault.

“You seem to be awake. That’s good. We need a little help from you to send Mr. Holmes a message” John tensed at the tone of voice the man said that. The way he had said ‘help’ promised something bad for John.

“What do you need my help for?” John’s voice was steady but his heart had quickened its pace and was racing now.

“We need Mr. Holmes services, but we can’t have him slack off. The message is to keep him motivated” John gulped and clenched his left hand. If he could only move.

Another masked guy came into the large room, carrying a camcorder with him and a tripod. As he started to arrange it the first guy pulled out a long knife. John froze as he realized just what kind of message they were going to send Sherlock.

The guy with the knife cut John’s shirt open, sending the buttons scattering across the basement. John held his breath as the knife was dragged over his bare skin, leaving red streaks on it. Surely Sherlock would find him soon. There was nothing John could do to escape. He could only hope that Sherlock would find out where he was.

“I’m all set here. You can start anytime now” the guy with the camcorder stated emotionless.

“Good”

The knife was dragged over his skin again, but this time not only grazing it, but cutting through the layers of his skin until it drew blood. The cut wasn’t that deep but it led from his navel up to his collarbone. That wouldn’t need any stitches in order to heal. John told himself reassuringly, but his racing heart wouldn’t listen. Small streams of blood that quickly grew bigger ran down his upper body and down to his waistband.

“Where should I place the next one?” The first guy wondered aloud to himself.

The guy disposed of John’s shirt, looking it up and down before his eyes settled on Johns left arm.

The third cut was deeper. John hissed in pain and agony as the knife was stabbed in his shoulder. He closed his mouth firmly, gritting his teeth so that he wouldn’t make any more noises. John couldn’t bear the thought of Sherlock having to watch this and see the painful look on John’s face.

The stab wound wasn’t deep. The knife didn’t damage his bone. It was only superficial. John closed his eyes tightly as he tried to ignore the pain that pulsed through his arm.

John’s eyes flew open as the knife was turned around in the wound and he tried not to scream. Tried not to let Sherlock know how much it hurt. An anguished groan still managed to escape his lips. The guy chuckled and pulled the knife out a bit before he dragged it slopingly across John’s arm. Then he bent down to John’s ear.

“Don’t hold back. Let him hear you” he whispered wickedly, making John shiver in disgust. No, he wouldn’t scream. Blood was streaming down his left arm and dripping on the ground, building a small puddle. His belly was covered in blood.

Before John could make out which part of his body his torturer would attack next, he stood already besides the chair and rammed the knife in John’s leg.

This time, John did scream.

........

>_>

<_<

Hope you enjoyed it (or not) and squirmed in anguish! Ehehehehe~

V-C-F if you want your dear John to stay alive...I mean if you liked that chapter..

That was kinda fun to write >_<

See you next chapter!