14. we owe daisy $20

•texts; nick & sparrow•

Fairy Godmother Jonas ✨:
Are you sure?

sparrow:
what?

Fairy Godmother Jonas ✨:
You don't actually want me to come over, do you?

sparrow:
oh. yeah, i do if you want to. i need to talk to you.

Fairy Godmother Jonas ✨:
Oh. Okay. On my way.

•••••

Sparrow sat on her couch waiting for Nick impatiently. Her knees bounced in front of her and her hands shook. She hadn't had a real conversation with him since that night in her hotel room and as far as she was concerned, that hadn't even really counted.

It had been two months since that night and since then, she'd done nothing but miss him. She couldn't believe how stupid she'd been. She'd been so scared of messing up things that he couldn't possibly mess up that she hadn't even really given herself the chance to realize that she didn't just "like" him. It wasn't just some nonchalant casual thing. She had real feelings for him, feelings that she was tired of ignoring.

The final two months of the tour had been hell. She'd still been close with Joe and Kevin, but she'd absolutely hated not being close with Nick at all.

She didn't want to ignore it anymore. She didn't want to be scared anymore. She wasn't sure if he'd have her, but if he would, she was finally ready. She was finally ready to stop pretending she didn't see what was right in front of her.

When he finally knocked on her door a while later, she practically ran to answer it.

"I'm sorry," she said immediately as he stepped inside and he raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm sorry I'm an idiot."

"You're not an idiot. What are you talking about?" he asked, and she could tell he was hesitant, closed off. She wasn't surprised; he deserved to be wary of her. She shrugged.

"This thing between us, it's not nothing, and I'm sorry I pretended like it was. I'm sorry I was stupid and scared. I'm sorry that I didn't just tell you that I was scared of how fast things were moving. I'm sorry I let social media run with everything and freak me out. I'm sorry about it all and I don't want to be scared anymore, Nick," she admitted, and he looked at her like he didn't quite understand.

"What are you saying?" he asked, and she could see the ghost of a smirk on his face. She shrugged.

"I'm saying I fucking like you and I'm not scared of it anymore. I'm tired of acting like I'm some cold asshole who's too good for romance and relationships. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, but I do know that I want to do it with you, and figure it out with you. If you'll have me, that is, which I totally understand if you won't," she rambled, and he chuckled, the sound of it making her heart flip in her chest.

"I don't know. I... I've kind of moved on," he told her, and for just a second her heart dropped down to her stomach and she froze, her eyes going as wide as they could.

"Oh. I..." she started, but he cut her off by throwing his arms around her and pulling her into a deep kiss.

"Just kidding," he laughed into the kiss and she punched him playfully.

"You almost made me cry!" she yelled, and he laughed loudly.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to almost make you cry. Of course I'll have you, Sparrow! God, I missed you so damn much. I was hoping you'd call at some point or something, but I was so scared you weren't going to. I'm so happy you did," he said, hugging her close again. She cuddled into his chest, letting him hold her for a few long moments before looking up into his eyes and kissing him again.

"We owe Daisy $20 just so you know," she told him, and he coughed out a surprised laugh.

"What?"

"She bet me $20 I couldn't stay away from you for more than a week after tour. It's only been two days," she told him and he shook his head.

"And why exactly does that mean that 'we' owe her $20?" he asked, and she shrugged.

"Because you're the one that came over here, so you couldn't stay away from me either," she joked, and he laughed again.

"That's... you know what? Fine. I'll give her the $20 the next time I see her, but you'll still know in your heart that you cheated," he told her, making her laugh too.

"Yeah... I'm okay with it," she told him, turning and running through the house. He chased her and playfully tackled her onto the couch, kissing her again.