02. punk'd

instagram dms

nickjonas: Hey! Sorry if this is a weird way to do this, but we couldn't find a number for your agent or anything. My brothers and I are working on a song that needs a female feature and we think you'd be perfect for it. Interested?

sparrow.wright: are you joking? of course i'm interested! but you should know that you couldn't find an agent's number because i don't have one. i got dropped by my label a few months ago and that took all of my representation and everything with it.

nickjonas: Oh shit. Why did you get dropped if you don't mind me asking?

sparrow.wright: i'm sure they'd say something else but it was basically because i'm not willing to sit down and shut up and make the shitty pop record that they want. that's not what i want. i'm not a cookie cutter poppy girl and i don't want to be. i understand if all that makes you guys change your mind.

nickjonas: Not at all actually. Honestly that just makes me feel better about choosing you. We've also really been trying to fight against the norms and what people want from us. We like your voice and your vibe and that's what matters.

sparrow.wright: are you sure?

nickjonas: 100%. I'll send you the studio details. Next Wednesday at noon good for you?

sparrow.wright: if i show up to that studio to you in an ugly trucker hat and a camera crew screaming at me about how i've been punk'd you're a dead man, nick jonas.

nickjonas: Now I'm gonna do that just because it would be funny but I swear it's real. Our manager will send over a contract for the song to prove it. You don't have to sign it until you hear the song and everything obviously but that way you'll have proof. Deal?

sparrow.wright: deal.