Chapter 5- "he'll be so mad"

It was early morn when Sven had stormed out of the house and into the garden. The door opened quickly and let bright white light flood out. Squinting I rub my eyes. My skin fresh from a night of quiet pitiful tears.

I hear a whinnying from out side and a woman's voice. Creeping to the door I peer outside. Sven had his arms crossed and his back muscles tensed. The girl was fierce her hair matted with dirt and long, it was a blazing blonde colour that looked gold in the sun.
The girls hands were shaking fists as she shouted at him. Her face twisting into unhappy even hateful expressions. Sven cooly replied running his hands through his hair. I watch as they continue talking. Sven would stand there and keep still. But the woman would flail her hands and shout.

When sven did make any sort of movement my eyes wouldn't watch his axial movement but I would look upon the scars that decorated his pale Nordic skin.  Sven had many pinkish scars over his body. It would have been a shock to have seen such a beaten body a few weeks ago but some how it makes sense for him to look like that where they fight for plunder and take lives. I unwillingly remember the scenes of my home being destroyed.

Suddenly the girls angry voice was directed at me. She pointed at me and shouted at Sven. Her words were laced with evil insinuations as far as I could make out. He cringed a little and looked over his shoulder. It surprised me when she spoke Irish, unlike Sven she spoke it quite well.

"Pitiful whore!" She hissed like a serpent. Her eyes looked as if the held one of the rings of hell in them. Sven replied cooly, as if he didn't care, as if the serpent like woman didn't even effect him.

"This is your fault! May the gods strike you down!" She pointed at me her Nordic voice breaking at the peak of her force. "And if not I will!" I felt as if her eyes pierced my body over and over.

She turned and stormed off, her golden hair flaring out he hind her. Before turning into the road she shot me the most unnerving dagger looks I've ever received. I looked at Sven, unsure of what had really just happened. He looked distressed. He rubbed the back of his neck looked over at me and then fixed his composure and strode down into his farming fields.

This is a strange place. It looks like home, it smells like home... Kind of. But the people here act so differently.
Across the garden stood the stables with a magnificent looking horse standing there with his head hanging out over the door.

I skip out from behind the door quickly so I wouldn't be seen and confronted my another furious Nordic being.
This place must have quite a lot of differences. When I reached the edge of. The stables I gazed around the wall corner to see that Sven was too far away to hear me.

The beauty that whinnied and stomped on the trodden straw covered ground looked at me curiously. He sniffs at me and I reach up to caress his muzzle.
Hie eyes are wild and his mane flicks about when he tosses his head. I quickly undo the hatch on the door and step inside the stable. Gazing over his magnificent black coat I run my hands over his shoulder. The horse nudged my shoulder and pressed his muzzle against my face. I laughed a little, finding comfort in his actions.

"Perhaps I shall find you as my escape?" I asked myself. I ran my hands the length of his strong muscular legs. He lowered his head to follow my hands. I looked out over the stable door and out into the road. I could see people walking around down the street,

"Should I go?" I asked the horse. He whinnied in response. I want to quickly get away it seems like a better idea than staying here. Looking around for riding tack I catch a glimpse of a bridle. Ripping it from the hook I throw the reigns over the horses head and place the bit in his mouth.

I don't hesitate I clamber up onto the horses back and lean down to unhook the door. Tapping the horses sides with my heels he takes a speedy step onto the grass. I scan across the grounds of Sven's property. I couldn't see him. I kick his horse into gear and we fly down the road. Causing people to jump out of the way and curse at us.

The wind whips through my hair and ripped through my dress. I slow down to a walk when we reached the town. The dock where had come in yesterday night.