Chapter 26- "Have it your way!"

I  stay up on the bed waiting. Sven had taken the time to throw on his trousers and tunic and gone out to Helga. I can't help but smile and cover my face with my hands when I think of how sacred this act will be. How important I must be to him. I almost want to laugh.
For me to have such confidence or boldness, what a tall tail.

I could hardly hear them speaking by the fire. Only words that were meaningless out of context. But l listened in. Creeping up from the bed wrapping a sheet around my slim body I stand close to the door.

"She is my sons daughter"
"Earl Thorson's daughter?" Sven sounded disbelieving. Is Helga talking about me? I remember her mentioning her son and his story. Could it be that my father was her son?
"Yes, she told me about her family. How my son died, what became of her mother also" Helga replied, her voice sounding upset and bewildered. I heard her voice but not her words. I heard what she said but it didn't register. My heart was pounding in my chest and all the hairs in my body stood up on their end.

"What does this mean?" He paused "for her". I felt a cool chill run the length of my back and I could feel the hairs on my arms stand up.
"Only, if anyone finds out she would be exiled or" 
What? Or what?! Why was this happening. After every thing I've been though. I thought maybe things were finally going to turn around.
"Or worse, she could be killed" Sven said his voice empty, covering his mouth with his hand. My hand slapped over my mouth. My body cooling from head too toe. I felt like fire and ice at that very moment my heart melted at his reaction. A flutter in my chest and a warming in my body, he truly does care.

"The hatred for my family is still quite strong. And I think your fathers most loyal followers are starting to question all three of our connections"
Sven hummed at her statement.
"I've trusted you so far, I've betrayed my father and lied to my mother for this for what you told me all those years ago. I have to protect her"

"What should I tell her when I go back?" She asked I presume they plan on hiding me away, I have to get back to the house before she does. Sven casually looked over his shoulder, waiting for something. Was he going to tell her I was here?
"You don't have to tell her anything"
I sighed in relief.

Peering around the door frame I saw the puzzled expression on Helga's face.
"Because she is in the other room, where she will stay until I have killed my father and reunited her people with mine"

She knew I was here, what was the point in hiding?
Silently stepping out from behind the corner of the door frame I wait. I watch them and Helga notices me over Sven's shoulder.  They both turn to face me.
"I have no clue what's happened to my life but I'm glad I have family again" I clearly shocked the both of them by the expressions on their faces. Helga and her greying hair and kind eyes and heavily weathered skin - my paternal grandmother. And Sven my capturer, my guard, his gallery or scars and tangled hair and light filled eyes.
Sven approached me after unsteadily getting off the stool that he had sat himself on.

"Have I ever told you are so -" he stopped himself looking at my face letting him eyes linger on my mouth but quickly pressed his warm loving lips to mine. A blush heated my cheeks at what he was telling me. But I didn't hear those words but felt it in his touch, he made me feel beautiful, cared for and precious, his fingers pushing my hair over my shoulders his tender caress of my cheek but mostly in the adoring eyes.

Helga stood in the room, her fingers resting on her lips and the other wrapped around her waist. Her smile filled me with such joy that I knew what ever we faced we could make it through. Sven released me from his embrace and Helga started over to me. Still holding my sheet closely to my body I bowed my head lowly to her.
Her withered hand resting on my exposed skin.