chapter 8

The car ride was silent and Beth didn't realize she fell asleep until Rosa was shaking her awake.

"Hey Beth wake up sweety we're here"

Beth opened her eyes slowly and looked out the window to see they were right in front of her house.

"Oh my I hope I wasn't snoring too loud"

The three women laughed.

"You don't snore I didn't realize you fell asleep until I tried making conversation" Gabriella laughed again.

"Oh I'm so sorry"

"Don't be I know we woke you up early" Gloria said turning to gave her a smile.

"If you all want you guys could come inside" Beth said gathering the bag she had.

"Oh I don't think Rio would be too happy about that maybe some other time" Gloria said causing Gabriella to roll her eyes.

"Your probably right but I'll keep in touch"

"Please do" Rosa said pulling Beth into a side hug.

"Yeah don't be a stranger" Gabriella said shaking Beth's hand since they couldn't really hug.

"Take care of yourself Beth" Gloria said also shaking Beth's hand.

"I will thank you for everything"

They all have acknowledging nods as Beth exited the car. She dug through her purse and found her keys. As soon as she made it in the house they left. Beth sighed as she made her way through an empty and very quiet house. This day definitely took a turn very early on. Not knowing what to do really she decided to two way call Annie and Ruby.

"Your not dead!" Annie yelled through the phone.

"Annie could you please not yell into my ear Jesus" Beth could just picture Ruby's face and head roll as she said that. It caused her to laugh.

"Nope not dead"

"Thank God"

"I told you guys I was going to be just fine"

"Yeah yeah so did you get boned or what?"

"Annie!"

"What? Ruby you know damn well you were wondering the same thing"

"No! I did not" Beth rolled her eyes and got a glass from the cabinet.

"Are you sure?" Ruby's voice sounded like she wasn't convinced.

"Yes Ruby I'm sure". She poured red whine into the glass perfering bourbon but she was all out.

"Well why not Rio was there wasn't he?"

"Why does everything have to involve sex when you talk about me and Rio?" Beth was convinced that's all Annie thought about at this point.

Beth heard Annie huff. "You ovboiusly haven't seen the way you guys literally eye fuck right in front of everyone".

"Babe we know you two have more going on"

"Finally Ruby you agree with me!"

"Oh trust me it hurts to do so"

"What that's- that's not true" Everyone seemed to notice whatever was going between her and Rio. Was it really that noticable?

"Stutter much?"

"Oh shut up"

"Where are you at right now?" Ruby's concerned tone was back.

"Home"