Till We Say Goodbye

Summary: Nikki Harlem is an aspiring young ballet dancer getting ready to make her way to her dreams at Juilliard School of the Performing Arts. The school she’s been dreaming about going to since she was a little girl. She was finally accepted, and she was going to follow her dreams of dancing all the way to the top. The American Ballet Company. The one thing she’s been working on since she started dancing at the age of six.

The summer before school is scheduled to start her friend Nina comes up with an idea. Before they start at Juilliard they should go to her family’s cabin for the summer to clear their heads before school starts in the fall. At first she’s unsure about the idea of going to the cabin for the summer. Than she meets one of the boys staying next door.

Chapter One

“Come on Nikki this will be good for you. Just loosen up and have some fun.” Nina said to me only giving me a quick glance before turning her eyes back to the road.

“Yeah it might do you some good to get away from the city life for a while, and have some fun.” My friend Kayla said from the backseat.

“Yeah. Also my mom said that a new family bought the house next to ours. She also told me she met them, and their three sons. Ones twenty-one, ones eighteen, and the other is fifteen. Maybe you’ll like one of them, and get together with him.” Nina said. She’d been trying to set me up for years. That was until I met my boyfriend Ryan. I’d been dating him for three years.

I’d gone over to his house after Nina had invited me to the beach house. She told me I could invite him along. I went over to his apartment to tell him. Only to find him cheating on me with a girl that was going to be in my dance class at the beginning of the year. I’d invited her out with my friends, and me one night after we met everybody in the dance class. Ever since that night Ryan had been sleeping with her.

So now the vacation was just us girls. I liked Ryan. I loved him. I really didn’t want to start dating any other guys right now. Right now I just wanted to focus on my career, and not boys that just seem to screw everything up. “Guys seriously I really don’t want to date any guys right now. I just want to go on this vacation, relax, clear my head, and get ready for school in the fall.” I said feeling like I’d had this conversation with them a hundred times. I probably have had this conversation with them a hundred times.

“Oh come on Nikki loosen up. This is going to be fun, and all you can think about is school in the fall, and dance.” Kayla said to me. I could tell she was tired of me always worrying about school. I’d been doing the same thing since I was a little girl.

“Well Juilliard is the one way ticket to our dreams. I’m not about to let it all go for a vacation. We’ve all worked so hard to get where we are. We can’t lose it all now.”

“Okay we’ll make you a deal,” Nina said. “We’ll go running everyday to keep in shape. If you don’t want to stay after a month of being at the beach house you can go home.”

“Also you at least have to try talking to some guys by the end of the month, or else you can’t go home. Just because you had one bad relationship doesn’t mean you can swear off guys for the rest of your life,” Kayla said I turned and glared at her over the back of my seat. She just smiled sweetly at me.

“Fine I’ll agree with your deal. Only because I really want to run with you guys. I don’t like running alone. Also because I really want to go on this vacation and get away from everything in the city. This seemed like the only way to get away.” More like to get away from Ryan, and his endless knocking at my apartment door. I just wanted to get away from my poison of a relationship and move on. If I had to flirt with guys than fine. I’d do it. I just wanted to get away from the city.