Hiding In Center Field

Summary: Kaylie Emerson is your everyday girl, she goes to schools, has good grades, and play sports. Except Kaylie’s not your everyday girl. Nobody knows what sport she plays, and she can’t tell anybody. The only people who know the truth behind her secret, is the team, and her coach. Everybody else just thinks she’s a homeschool boy, who’s good at football. 

With college scouts coming to the games, it’s down to the line. She’s got to do everything right to get into college on a scholarship. Without the scouts knowing she was a girl, she doesn’t want them treating her differently because her gender. She wants to be treated just like every other boy on her team. Which means keeping her secret safe in the teams hands.

When the rival teams quarterback comes into view though, threatening to expose her secret she has to fight for everything she’s worked for. It was all because of one drunken mistake.

To save everything that’s she’s wanted in life, and all her dreams from crashing down around her. Can she find love while saving everything, even her career?

A girl who has worked her whole life to make it where she's at as Quarterback of her schools football team. Now her secret is coming out, and she has to do everything she can to keep it before everything she's worked for is ruined by one mistake. While also finding love with the rival teams quarterback while she's at it.

[] Hiding | In | Center | Field []

Prologue

“Jenson with the catch, and he’s got it. It’s a touchdown ladies and gentleman made by the quarterback of the Wild Wood’s Mustangs. Kyle Jenson.” The buzzer went off as I crossed the touchdown line. I threw my hands up in the air as the crowd started to cheer with me as I threw the football on the ground. I had just helped my team take home state champs.

At the sound of the announcer calling me Kyle, I smiled. It was like my nickname now, the name I was only known when I was on the football field. Everybody just knew me as normal old Kaylie. This was me, football was my life. This is what I was meant to do, and if being Kyle meant following my dreams. I would gladly accept it.

I was picked up by my team as they all started cheering, I smiled throwing my hands up in the air. I started cheering along with my team as they dumped me on the sidelines. My eyes searching the crowd for my parents, but landing on a pair of blue eyes instead as they watched me. Sitting next to men in formal attire, there suits pressed as they watched me also.

He pointed to me smiling as the conversation started, nodding at them and standing up. He started to make his way down the bleachers towards me. Leaning over the fence beckoning me over. I walked over slowly not sure what he was up to. “It’s time to show your real self.” He said as his fingers came under my helmet.

“What if I’m not ready?”

“Too late.” He said nudging off my helmet my hair flowing out as he pressed his lips to mine. Making me forget about the crowd watching us, and my secret being told. Right now it was only me and him, and I was enjoying every minute of it.

I didn’t know the consequences of his actions would ruin everything that I had worked for my entire life. One stupid mistake, and he had my laying on the ground bare, as all my dreams fell away. I fell for the rival quarterback, and he ruined everything.

[] Hiding | In | Center | Field []

This is the sneak peak of my new book Hiding In Center Field.

This is about a girl who has worked her whole life to make it where she's at as Quarterback of her schools football team. Now her secret is coming out, and she has to do everything she can to keep it before everything she's worked for is ruined by one mistake. While also finding love with the rival teams quarterback while she's at it.

Comment!

Share!

Vote!

Fan!

Love,

Nikkie!