ch.2. difference between

Chapter Summary: Papyrus realizes how different you are to this universe's Y/N.
___________________________________________

"I hope you didn't throw him that hard." You frowned, making your way to the unconscious skeleton. Your fingertips lightly grazing over his skull to feel for any bumps. Although, you frowned slightly as you felt soft chips and old cracks.

"don't get too close." Your Papyrus warned, pulling you away from the unconscious pair and next to him and his brother. you sighed softly.

"I just thought I'd check up on him a bit." You muttered. "Especially after you threw him through the door. It must've hurt."

"PAPY'S RIGHT, Y/N. HE ATTACKED YOU! YOU SHOULDN'T—"

"I can take care of myself just fine, Sans." You sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. Ignoring the concerned look the small skeleton sent you, you knew it was for your own good but you weren't defenceless. You can pack a punch if you wanted to.

"I KNOW..." There was a hidden meaning behind that. Papyrus and You knew that with the way he fumbled with his thumbs, avoiding your gaze with a soft cyan colour dusting over his cheeks.

The other pair of brothers only watched the three of you in confusion. Sans trying to figure out your relationship with the alternative versions of himself and his brother, while Papyrus felt a swelled feeling in his chest. Longing? He already had this type of relationship with you - the you here, but it wasn't . . . So close.

You looked so opened with them, easily giving hugs and smiles.

The complete opposite of you in this universe.

You wrapped your arm around your Sans and pulled him into a tight hug, holding the hug for a long second before pulling back. Hoping that would lift his spirits, as it always worked before.

The frown on his grin said he felt none the better. With a defeated sigh, you turned to Papyrus for help but the tall, lanky skeleton seemed to side with his brother on this.

"I'm still waking them up." You huffed stubbornly, ducking away from your Sans' arms as he tried to hug you on the spot, to keep you there instead of being near the dangerous versions of himself and his brother.

The pair sent each other knowing looks and carefully watched you much to other Sans' amusement and other Papyrus' confusion.

Sans, (you're assuming at this point) the edgier versions of the others stirred slightly. You placed a hand on his skull, trailing down to his collar bone and began to shake him awake.

"Rise and shine sleeping prince. You had enough sleep to last a lifetime." You coo'd softly. "And uh, please don't attack. Papy doesn't know his own strength." You sighed and continued to shake him. Occasionally, you'd slap his cheek bone.

When he began to groan, you were immediately pulled away from him. The heavy weight on your soul made you frown as you looked at the little blue heart in front of you, a small orange haze outlining the heart as you looked up at your papyrus.

He shrugged his shoulders, the glare going over his skull as he slowly put you back on your feet, a small distance away from the others and much closer to him and his brother.

Edgy-Sans sat up, his eye lights scanning the room as his hands rubbed his eye sockets and his phalanges scratching his bone.

"fuck, an' 'ere i thought i was dreamin'." He growled, lowering his hand to examine you all, his eye lights lingering on you. A flash of familiarity sent his eye lights into literal hearts—like how your Sans would do with stars.