Chapter Six

❀ Rose's POV ❀

#Not-Proof-Read

"That's the last of those troublesome orders," Ms. Christy says the moment I walk into the staff room. The other workers had already gone home because it was way past working hours. I personally was beat. My feet hurt so bad and I craved a drink desperately. I just wanted to go back to Ariel's house, study one subject and then fall asleep. That would be great.

     "I'm glad it is over with. Never me again," I comment, pulling off the apron and removing the hat. I was surprised that I was still alive after all those troublesome orders. I mean, at times I brought the wrong stuff to a table and I would forget some extra snacks. I even spilled a drink on a little child.

     Though it was funny a little, I felt sorry for the poor girl. If it were me in that situation I would cry and run outside. Then I would never come to this diner again... Way too embarrassing for one little person to handle.

     "Tell me about it. If wasn't for you, I don't know what would have happened here tonight," Miss Christy says, walking out of the building and locking up after herself. We said our short goodbyes before we headed our separate ways. She and her family lived upstairs the diner and had a happy life, according to her children. She volunteered to drop me home but I said I had a ride.

     Walking towards Angie's car which; was the only one left in the dark parking lot, I held the key out to unlock the vehicle. What happened next startled me more than anything. Under the moonlight, I see a tall figure get up from a seating position from besides the car. I was about to let out a scream and make a run for it but the individual spoke up before I could process my plan perfectly in my head.

     "Don't give me that look Rose, it's only me, Evan," He says, walking towards me. This dude says this so calmly as if he wasn't a stranger to me nonetheless. But, for the weirdest reason, I immediately became calm at the sound of his voice. Replying shakily, I say, "Y-You startled me, you know. I swear I almost had a h-heart attack."

     "I know, sorry about that though," His voice was as chilly as the night's air but I still found it strangely attractive. He was wearing a red V-Neck, dark jeans and expensive shoes as always. His face looked distant and to be honest with myself, I was kinda getting scared. 'What if he was a rapist and I was his next victim,' I question myself.

     "So... I was wondering if you'd give me a ride home?" His voice was calm as his green eyes sparkled under the bright moon light. The lampposts here didn't even brighten up the area. Shaking my head and wiping my sweaty hand on my dress, I reply, "Um... Yeah s-sure."

     He didn't say another word but instead just followed suit. I walked slowly to the driver's door, making sure to not cross his path. Though I'm offering him a ride, I'm still uncomfortable around guys. The only image I get when I see them is one where I'm being plundered on the floor in a pool of blood. Taking a seat inside and buckling up, I tried my hardest to convince myself hat Evan wasn't one of those guys.

     Starting the car, I began to drive off towards the neighborhood where I'll be residing for the next month to come. So many things were going on in my life and now this dude just strolls in and his voice is already a calming agent to me.

     "So, aren't you going to ask me where I'm headed or are you a psychic," Evan says, looking out of the window and then rakes his fingers through his really soft looking hair. Oh how I wouldn't mind to mess it all up and get the feel of it.

     "Oh my God Rose keep your eyes on the road! You're gonna get us killed!" His hands were quickly on the steering wheel, his foot managed to reach the break. There were loud honking sounds from the vehicles which passed us by. The truck I almost crashed into just kept on driving and didn't spare us a second glance.