Chapter Three

Rose’s POV

“Ouch, that hurt you know,” I whine, as Ariel places the last of the ointment on my left cheek. “My bad, sorry,” She apologizes and finishes up.

     Earlier, at the diner, my body felt numb and heavy but I never took in account of it having the possibility of being swelled up. I looked worst than I did before. My thoughts only circled around what would the mystery guy at the diner possibly think about me; the bruised up girl who ruined his shirt, bled and then ran away.

     It would be great to never see him again but some part of me wants to meet him once more so that I can apologize properly. There are enough persons out there who hate me already and for some weird reason, I don’t want him to be part of that group.

     “Okay, here’s how this is going to go down,” Ariel starts, then jumps onto my bed. I was seated on the chair near my dresser so she turned to face me. “We’re not returning for afternoon classes. I already called my mom and she has already called both of our schools. She probably told them that we were sick or something but that’s beyond the point here.”

     She takes a deep breath and I wait for her to continue. Yes, you guessed right, she loves talking a lot and I didn't, which is why we’re the perfect combo. She’s the talker and ‘carer’ and I’m the listener and the person who she cares for. I'll admit that did sound a little selfish.

     “We’ll watch the movie ‘The Giver’, the one you spoke about whole week and then we’ll have our normal girls talk. I haven’t caught up on anything new lately.”

     “Sounds like a plan to me but first, can I use the washroom? I promise to not do anything stupid this time,” I say, lifting my hands up in defense when she gave me ‘the’ eye. I really needed to pee you know! She nods in agreement but says, “Leave the door opened just in case!”

-

-

“This movie is retarded!” Ariel mutters, rolling on the floor as she fixes her position.

     “It is not! You just don’t understand it you blonde!” I retort, taking offence that such an amazing movie is being bad mouthed right before my face.

     “Sure, sure, tell me that it’s not jackass to be raised in a place you don’t know what a kiss is, don’t know what love is and doesn’t even allow you to touch persons who are not part of your assigned family. To make it worst, you have no memory, you don’t know who your birth mother is and all you see if freaking black and white! Where the fuck are the colored people in this! I swear my African American friends will take offence!”

     “Oh stop, your ranting won’t you. The colored persons will be shown shortly… See, that nurse is colored!”

     And here goes the argument discussion we have every time we watch a movie I wanted to see for a long time. Ariel always finds something wrong but still ends up being the one to analyze everything to the brim. I watch the movie for enjoyment but she watches it to scan the minds of the persons who wrote the scripts.

     In only this category, she’s the one who is getting all scientifically involved and I’m the laid back one here. 

     “Good, now all the memories are restored. The guy, whatever his name is can’t even go back to the town place thingy to see the girl he kissed. If he goes back then everything is reversed! Stupid movie I say, stupid!” Ariel says, chanting her last sentence jokingly.