Chapter Five

❀Rose's POV❀

     'Three more steps to get this over with,' I told myself, holding the tray of food with trembling hands. All this time I was walking slowly to this mystery guy and practicing my approach and apology in my head. And, as you may have already guessed, it wasn't going so well.

     I was scared and a little too shy to approach a guy so upfront. What will I say, how will he react? Well, the most important question here is, 'Will he recognize me?' I hope not. Wow who knew being a waitress would be so stressful?

     "Well look who I ended up seeing again. Just great, and she has a filled tray in her hand once more... I wonder what will happen next..." His trails off, his emerald green eyes meeting my hazel ones. I stared down at him with sweaty hands and tried my best to hold onto the tray tightly. I didn't want a repeat of last time.

     "I-I... You o-ordered, um, this, so here," I say, placing the tray abruptly on the table in front of this dude. He examined everything and simply nods. He was wearing a BVB band T-Shirt with a pair of dark gray jeans, which were a little skinny. The look was finished off with a pair of black, gray and white Jordan's.

     I just stood there like a pillar, staring at this guy digging into his burger and fries and taking a quick sip at his cola. While he drank, his eyes dart towards me and I quickly gulped but didn't move. My hands lay limply at my sides and my brain was quickly shutting down. Oh my God, what was I going to do?

     Scolding myself, I say, 'I am going to smile and walk away. No running or seeming weird just walk away, slowly.'

     "Don't you have other persons to serve or something?" He asks and then, help me guys, I did the most stupidest thing in my darn entire life, I swear.

     Smiling and letting out an awkward laugh, I fixed my skirt and sat down at his booth opposite to him. If that wasn't bad, I let out another shaky laugh and began eating his fries and took a sip of his drink. His right eyebrow raised and I gasped, realizing what I was doing.

     "Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" I exclaim, removing the chewed fries from my mouth and placing it back on his tray. He made a disgusted expression and pushed the tray towards me. I gave myself a face palm because I was being stupid today and was embarrassing myself way too much.

     Getting to my feet, I grabbed the tray and began to babble, "I'll get you a new tray of food. I'm so sorry, oh my goodness. This was not how it was supposed to end. I was supposed to walk away and complete the waitress' activity for the night. This is my first time doing this and I am not good with people and stuff. But my boss can't do it because she looks like a freaking gangster and would scare away all the guests. You don't need to pay for anything, I'll do it all-"

     A finger was placed on my lip and pressed against it forcefully but still with care. He made a shushing sound and whispers to me slowly, "It is okay... So... shut up."

     "Oh my gosh, why do I have to be so embarrassing. No wonder no one likes me," I mutter to myself, taking a seat once more. I place my face in my hands while he took a seat in the booth again. I was already frustrated and didn't know how to handle the situation I was in. In my entire life, even if I have done some pretty embarrassing things, this was the worst.

     "What's your name?" His voice was calm so I looked up. I stared at him in confusion because very few persons would ask me this question. What was he trying to do? Straightening up, I reply, "U-Uh m-my n-name?"

     "Yes, whose else?" He asks, taking a long sip on the drink my mouth was once on. So, technically, he kissed me? Well, I was the one who did it first so that means I kissed him? Oh flying finkle daisies! This is not good. I shared saliva with a complete stranger who just asked me my name! What was he going to say next, 'I'm sorry Rose but I'm host to a communicable disease and you are now carrying this same infection.' That would be pretty bad-

     "Hello, are you alright?" A finger was snapped in front of me a few times causing me to shake off my previous thoughts. Scolding myself, I say mentally, 'This guy can't have a contagious disease Rose, he would be at home or at the hospital if it were so.'

     "Y-Yeah, I'm alright," I respond, wiping my palms on my dress and then continue to speak, "My name's Rose..."

     "Rose, so simple and bold, that's what your name says about you but, sadly it's wrong. Behind your eyes are so many forms of pain that is hard for you to share. You're afraid of something and yourself. You're not as bold and proud like this flower, you're shy and doesn't want to stand out much. Well you want to excel in one thing and you are doing so right now. You're kind and don't know how to hate. Right now-"

     "How do you know so much by just getting to know my name for the first time?" I was shocked and didn't know what to say to this guy. Has he been stalking my life and I just didn't know it? That could be possible you know, I don't always take my surroundings into account.

     "Oh, this," he smiles, showing me the screen of his iPhone 6. He had only entered name into some 'name-equals-your-personality' site. Sadly, it only said that I was simple and bold. The rest was all from his head. But gosh, does everything about this guy needed to be perfect? His smile was so distracting.

     "I like to just randomly search about persons I meet, just to see if I'll get along with them. You, are special because this name search was wrong for the first time," his smile widened as he shakes his head and places his expensive phone back into his pocket. I couldn't help but smile back at him because he referred to me as special. No one but Ariel has said those words to me.

     "Oh wow, she smiles," he jokes and I blush a little. He was getting casual. I don't know what got over me but I traced a finger over my lips, remembering that his finger was there only a few minutes ago. Continuing with what he was saying he said, " by the way, my name is Evan."

     "Evan? What does your name site thing say about you?" I was curious and accidentally let this curiosity sip out. All of a sudden I was less tense and was getting comfortable around this guy, well... Evan.

     "My name caused the app to malfunction once, so, I never figured out what it had to say about me," his chuckle was soft but I could tell he was holding something important back. What could this 'something' be?

     "Wow, you must be really hard to handle or much less, take on," I joke.

     "You have no idea," he says softly, smiling at me and then got up from his seat. A slow wave was motioned in my direction just before he, very attractively, raked his fingers through his dark hair. With that, he walks out of the dinner. Not soon after, I heard the crashing sound of the garbage can being destroyed.

     I didn't have time rush outside because my name was already being called from the kitchen. "Rose! Orders are piling up! We're getting complaints! Could you pass your cute bottom in here please!" Miss Christy sounded furious but nice at the same time, this was bad.

     Letting out a long breath, I got up from the booth and then approached the kitchen just after emptying the tray in the bin. So, his name was Evan... So simple but yet still so mysterious.

A/N: So finally Evan and Rose had a somewhat normal meeting and whatnot. Hmm, I wonder what will happen next xD Stay tuned!!

Vote, comment, share, follow me