07. the custodial arts

in which there's talk about custodial arts, poison and cherries.

    FINN MAKES HIS way towards Chosen, who stands his ground.

    "You and how many of your friends?" Finn questions. Chosen shakes his head confidently.

    "Just me. Just you and me. Two hits. Me hitting you, you hitting the floor! Anytime you're ready pal!"

    "This is fucking ridiculous," Wyatt says aloud. Jack nods, agreeing. "I mean seriously, what good is it going to do?"

    Finn and Chosen don't seem to hear him as Finn goes to hit Chosen, but Chosen takes him down with some sort of wrestling move.

    "I don't wanna get into this with you man." Finn says, causing Chosen to stand.

    "Why not?"

    Finn stands up from the floor.

    "'Cause I'd kill you... it's real simple. I'd kill you and your fucking parents would sue me and it'd be a big mess and I don't care enough about you to bother."

    "Chicken shit." Chosen scoffs while turning to walk away. Finn takes a switchblade out from his pocket and opens it up, then stabs it into a chair.

   "Let's end this right now," Chosen says, breathing madly. "You don't talk to her, you don't look at her and you don't even think about her!"

    Jaeden reaches over to the chair and pulls out Finn's switchblade and keeps it as his own. Nobody seems to notice this. Seriously. (I seriously wheezed bc I noticed this for the first time in the movie).

    Finn scoffs. "I'm trying to help her."

    The two are interrupted when the janitor, Doug, walks into the room. He spots Wyatt seated at the front of the room and nods.

    "Wyatt, how you doing?"

   Wyatt becomes embarrassed and nods back. Finn scoffs and glances at Wyatt.

   "Your dad work here?"

    After no response, Finn looks at the janitor man and tilts his head.

    "Uh, Doug?"

    Doug glances up. "What?"

    "Can I ask you a question?"

    "Sure."

    "How does one become a janitor?"

    Doug's eyebrows raise. "You want to be a janitor?"

    "No, I just wanna know how one becomes a janitor because Chosen here, is very interested in pursuing a career in the custodial arts."

    "Oh really?" Doug laughs while opening up a trash bag. "You guys think I'm just some untouchable peasant? Serf? Peon? Huh?

    "Maybe so, but following a broom around after shitheads like you for the past eight years I've learned a couple of things... I look through your letters, I look through your lockers, I listen to your conversations. You don't know that but I do. I am the eyes and ears of this institution, my friends."

   He finishes up and goes to leave. Then he catches a glimpse of the clock and says: "that clock is twenty minutes fast, by the way." Then he leaves as everyone but Finn starts to groan. Finn smiles.

    The clock ticks eleven o'clock and Skarsgard gets up from his chair to leave his office.

   Finn begins to whistle a marching kind of tune and everyone joins in. Even Jack. Who can't whistle at all.