05. screw this

in which skarsgard finds the doors... closed

    FINN CONTINUES TO mess with the door, causing the other six to glance around at each other. Jack shakes his head and lightly bangs his head on the surface of his and Wyatt's table.

    Skarsgard gets a drink of water from the fountain in the hallway. Then he gets up and looks at his reflection in the mirror. Seeing that no one else was around, he does a pose and then mumbles to himself.

    Jeremy looks up. "Wolfhard, that's uh, that's school property right there.. you know. It doesn't belong to us. It's something not to be toyed with."

    Finn ignores him and finally the doors slam shut, nearly scaring Jack out of his seat. Finn runs back to his seat, pretending as if nothing happened.

    "That's very funny, come on, fix it!" Chosen says.

    "You should fix that!" Jeremy says. Finn smirks.

    "Am I a genius?"

    "No, you're an asshole!" Chosen backfires, not impressing Finn.

    "What a funny guy!"

    "Fix the door Wolfhard!"

    "Everyone just shhh!" Finn says, spitting in Chosen's face.

    Chosen turns around and makes an upset expression. Wyatt looks over, seeing bits of Finn's spit on Chosen's face, and feels sick.

    Skarsgard moves back to his office, but hears the troubled kids in the library. He moves his ear up to the closed doors.

    "I've been here before, I know what I'm doing."

    "No! Fix the door, get up there and fix it!"

    "Shut up!"

    Skarsgard steps back and it comes to him that the doors were closed.

    "God damnit!" He yells, tugging on the door handle and stepping into the library.

    Everyone stops looking at Finn and at Skarsgard instead. Skarsgard breathes heavily, like a raging bull, then points back at the door.

    "Why is that door closed?"

    Nobody replies. Skarsgard takes one step forward as well as a breather, and tries again.

    "Why is that door closed?"

    "How are we s'posed to know?" Finn asks. "We're not s'posed to move, right?"

    Skarsgard looks over at Sophia, instead. "Why?"

    She shrugs her shoulders. "We were just sitting here, like we're supposed to."

    Skarsgard looks around the room until his eyes fall on Finn.

    "Who closed that door?" He questions, though seeming to know the answer. Finn shrugs.

    "I think a screw fell out of it."

    Chosen nods. "It just closed sir."

    Then principle Skarsgard glances over to Jaeden in the back. "Who?"

    Jaeden lets out a high pitched squeak and drops his head onto the table, making a loud noise. He hides in his jacket hood.

    "He doesn't talk, sir." Finn explains. Skarsgard glares at him and scoffs.